holden EFI 304 motor into UC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

hey guys n girls im looking for pictures to help make my life a little easier
I need ones showing the engine so i sort of know where it will sit also where people have placed the other components like the fuses and air intake etc.

any help would be appreciated

Ben

#2 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:19 PM

More than worrying where you can put fuses etc I would do a dummy fit of the engine and see what modifications are needed so as the distributor can be worked on should you need to. Additionally I would pay attention to things like the dipstick and if running an auto check the access to that dipstick too.

I have in the last 12 months gone through this conversion into an LX and although people say yeah its an easy mod there are certain things they never seem to mention. If I were to convert another I would pay attention to the items I have mentioned above.

Fuses, map sensors, ecu and spark module etc can be located inside the car or outside according what you prefer.

Cheers
Herne

EDIT, check the fuel rail too, some fuel rails are longer than others. If you use the short version you can keep your heater intact.

Edited by Herne, 30 December 2007 - 01:20 PM.

#3 _rhysandhisLJ_

_rhysandhisLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

Ben,

these were the only photo's i could find on the things you've asked for.
conversion done in lx sedan.
this picture shows where i've mounted the map sensor, spark module and coil. I bought a new coil as the other one wouldn't fit mounted on the engine without firewall mods.
Posted Image

this picture shows my air filter setup. it's just a normal pod filter clamped straight onto the throttlebody. though i had to get this engineered for it to be legal in victoria.
Posted Image

this final picture shows where i mounted the ECU and relays, it's up under the dash on the passenger side of the vehicle, screwed to the inside of the firewall.
Posted Image

if you'd like any other pictures just ask.
Cheers,
Rhys.

#4 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

hey thanks for the advice when you say the fuel rails hitting the heater unit i guess this means i will have to say goodbye to the air conditioner... i guess it doesn't work but still has anyone been able to keep their unit in?

the engine isnt quite ready to put in some im just trying to gather ideas and some guidance.

any other advice would be appreciated

Thanks Ben

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users