Need paint formulae for TUXEDO BLACK - URGENT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _DrFegg_

_DrFegg_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

Gday all,
Im trying to order TUXEDO BLACK 15991 through paint dealers but nobody seems to be able to help. Have contacted PPG (who supply all dulux automotive) and they are telling me to use midnight black which is a "factory pack " paint colour. Is this correct ? Nowhere can we find the formulae that directly relates to the colour called TUXEDO black, most are telling me that it is must be very old colour and thats why their computer systems /books aernt showing any matches. Most likely it is still being used but under a new name. Can anybody help , We need the paint for saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 _chrome yella_

_chrome yella_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

DrFegg, what was midnight black used on, i cant see it in my monaro facts book nor the codes your after, sorry
early holden black was warrigal black and was replaced with tuxedo. cheers Gary

#3 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Car:LC GTR XU1

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

Gday all,
Im trying to order TUXEDO BLACK 15991 through paint dealers but nobody seems to be able to help. Have contacted PPG (who supply all dulux automotive) and they are telling me to use midnight black which is a "factory pack " paint colour. Is this correct ? Nowhere can we find the formulae that directly relates to the colour called TUXEDO black, most are telling me that it is must be very old colour and thats why their computer systems /books aernt showing any matches. Most likely it is still being used but under a new name. Can anybody help , We need the paint for saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has come up before but for blackouts and my research has led me to believe that Tuxedo black was superseded to midnight black. Which is a straight black tinter which was also what warrigal black was. Hope this helps.

#4 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

midnight black is correct

#5 _DrFegg_

_DrFegg_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:28 PM