Wanted: Mini Tubs with eng cert in Vic

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 _LXJET_

_LXJET_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

As the title says I'm looking for someone to mini tub my lx coupe and have it engineered (If needed for Roady)

Anyone know anyone good in Vic who wont rip me off? :)

#2 _fryzem_

_fryzem_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

As the title says I'm looking for someone to mini tub my lx coupe and have it engineered (If needed for Roady)

Anyone know anyone good in Vic who wont rip me off? Posted Image

denis maloney of rat rod industries did my hatch for me. but it was full tubs four link etc etc. he does a fantastic job. he does heaps of tubs chassis and conversions etc and has a good relationship with the engineers.
give him a ring on 0416083129. tell him you were talking to james.

#3 _LXJET_

_LXJET_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

Cheers James, Will do! Thanks :)

#4 _LXJET_

_LXJET_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

Can anyone tell me about tubbing on an LX hatch how you go about it? The chassis rail is about 20mm away from the lip, I really need to modify the rail.. If i do this does this mean it cant be engineered and therefore not registrable?

#5 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

Can anyone tell me about tubbing on an LX hatch how you go about it? The chassis rail is about 20mm away from the lip, I really need to modify the rail.. If i do this does this mean it cant be engineered and therefore not registrable?

Better off asking the tub fabricator see what he says, sometimes allowances occur where some engineers will go stricktly by the book

#6 _BAILLIE_

_BAILLIE_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

denis maloney of rat rod industries did my hatch for me. but it was full tubs four link etc etc. he does a fantastic job. he does heaps of tubs chassis and conversions etc and has a good relationship with the engineers.

How much coin roughly for just the mini tubs?

#7 _BAILLIE_

_BAILLIE_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

If i have to ask, i can't afford? :dontknow:

#8 _AGGRSV_

_AGGRSV_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

I have a thread in this section with an awesome fabricator. His name is Mick, he has a real good relationship with his engineer. The pic attached is my LH getting a 6 point roll cage and mini tubs (will suit 20 x 12 wheel). The rails were moved in and chassis rail put throughout, this will be engineered for Vic rego next year.

He is really reasonably priced as well! Good luck.

Attached Files

Edited by AGGRSV, 24 April 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#9 _TJ355_

_TJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

What does it cost approx to get ure car mini Tubbed? anyone reccomend someone in N.S.W

#10 _IZNUTS_

_IZNUTS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

I have a thread in this section with an awesome fabricator. His name is Mick, he has a real good relationship with his engineer. The pic attached is my LH getting a 6 point roll cage and mini tubs (will suit 20 x 12 wheel). The rails were moved in and chassis rail put throughout, this will be engineered for Vic rego next year.

He is really reasonably priced as well! Good luck.

hey mate where abouts is he located?? wanted to get my car LX mini tubbed so id be able to fit 295s on whilst still be able to sit it low?? was there much involved when you got rails moved and chassis rails pu through?? would you be able to pm me a price, thanks mate.

#11 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Small world....the yellow and orange Dodge truck he has used to be mine..

#12 _fryzem_

_fryzem_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

gday jeff,

denis wants to know if you want tubs like mine in your hatch??? lol??

Small world....the yellow and orange Dodge truck he has used to be mine..

#13 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

I was thinking about doing it myself maybe someday... I run an 18" x 10" rear wheel as it is though...maybe mini tub it to fit some 11's or 12's ? lol...

Think I'll concentrate on a few other things first :D

#14 _fryzem_

_fryzem_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

I was thinking about doing it myself maybe someday... I run an 18" x 10" rear wheel as it is though...maybe mini tub it to fit some 11's or 12's ? lol...

Think I'll concentrate on a few other things first :D

i think denis is lookin for an excuse to come over again, i will have to come and help though.lol.
hows things over there anyway.

#15 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

Busy here...heaps of conainers to load again!

#16 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

i spoke to an engineer in Sydney about tubbing my LX and he said as soon as i move the rails it becomes non roadworthy there for i can only go as far as the rail............10mm........ just not worth it. or is he yanking my chain ????

#17 Hybrid

Hybrid

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:LC 2 Door

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

i spoke to an engineer in Sydney about tubbing my LX and he said as soon as i move the rails it becomes non roadworthy there for i can only go as far as the rail............10mm........ just not worth it. or is he yanking my chain ????

No he isn't yanking your chain. This has been the rule in NSW for at least the last 10 years.

#18 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

i'd like to know how most people get away with it then with coil overs and massive tubs :dontknow:

#19 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

what about Mcdonald bros? thats where i got mine from, and they can fit them there.

#20 _BOURKEY400_

_BOURKEY400_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Have you ended up getting car Mini Tubbed ?

I have a couple quotes $2500 and $3000 in NSW .

yeah thats right Mcdonald bros $2500 if they can get u in they are busy as at the momment and that is only a mini tubb....so u are better of doing it your self i done mine my self.. if your only after minis and dont want a engineer report...I'm running 15x8 3/5bs welds wheels tyres 50/265 just a little fab work and the right size diff all good tyres dont rub and it is droped on its ass..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users