11 replies to this topic

#1 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:27 PM

Some people would give you the shirt off their back, if you asked. LX8VD69 gave me his last few litres of spare fuel out of his Jerry can when I was running a little short at today's Club display at Morphetville racecourse (sorry, horse racing only, not cars today). So, to Adam, a big :spoton: :clap:

Geez, the little XU-1 seemed to like it too - it almost grew wings (if you get my drift) :D

#2 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:29 PM

Good one A! :clap:
Is he still telling you how well the LH handles?..Lol!
R

#3 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

hey rory, he was floatin a bit on the freeway infront of me 2 day. He reckons its cause he is gettin used to the new settings, but his missus reckons he drives like that anyways :tease:

We had fun cruising home, the 4banger against adams SLR. it was funny as hell. All in all a good day, sunburnt tho :fool: u should c hutchys head. he looks like a baked bean (bauld).

#4 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:56 PM

Told him it would do that and it takes a week to get used to..but it still goes round corners better! :clap:
R

#5 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

hey rory, he was floatin a bit on the freeway infront of me 2 day. He reckons its cause he is gettin used to the new settings, but his missus reckons he drives like that anyways :tease:

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: yeah it does corner real well but this twitchyness is taking some time to get used to. and dave any time mate we all need to work together :spoton:

#6 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:03 AM

:clap: Good on you guys! Fellow Torry Enthusiasts helping each other out!!

Glad to be a part of it! :)

#7 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

Too much sidewall flex in the front tyres methinks is causing a bit of an issue. And they're already up to around 35 psi. Time for some name brand lower profile tyres, and a bigger front swaybar???

#8 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

is that allowable on hisoric ??

#9 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:21 PM

theres no way in hell my car would pas historic :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

#10 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:16 AM

. Time for some name brand lower profile tyres, and a bigger front swaybar???

sorry adam,this is what i was askin about

#11 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:20 AM

If you feel its wandering abit too much check all the front end rubbers, ball joints etc..everything..something might be a bit worn.
R

#12 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:36 AM

Sorry Kaz, I was referring to Adam's car. Even sitting still, it's way too easy to move sideways on its tyres, and the front swaybar looks smaller than a stock one - I think Adam mentioned it might have been a UC sway bar? That's the reason for the suggestion of lower profile and better quality tyres, and a larger front swaybar.

As for what's allowable on historic in SA with relation to handling/suspension, not too much. You are pretty much limited to what was available as a manufacturer option on the car, although slightly larger or lower springs are difficult to pick - if you know what I mean. It could after all be just spring sag :rolleyes:

Kaz, have you tightened up that right rear shocker yet? Elsie has very soft springs all around, so it will probably want to float around a bit too, and understeer if pushed into corners.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users