#1 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:41 AM

I have sensed that there is a fair bit of �tension� on the forums lately, and I am sure that I have contributed a bit. Sure I hang it on UC Torana�s but its all in fun, if anyone is getting offended please let me know, I hang it on Ford drivers too, and many of my mates drive Fords as with UC Toranas
I have noticed a lot of people are getting a little up tight about everything, starting arguments about little things that end up taking topics way off topic, and then when someone mentions getting back on topic they crack the sads. I think everyone (me included) needs to just settle down a bit and let things be, if you need to sort something out PM the person and do it that way, instead of starting a shit fight or crying to a Mod. On the topic of Mods, I would like to thank them all for keeping these forums running and a nice place to be.
I am not saying that people shouldnt have different ideas and opinions, if this was the way things would get pretty boring pretty quickly, but when people want to argue these ideas ect to the last millionth of a degree it gets a bit tedious, to the point that it has actually made some of the more knowledgeable members not want to reply to certain posts.

so everyone, just relax, have a good time on the forums

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:05 AM

Its ok...its only cos your touchy about owning an antique Torana :spoton:

How crap would it be if we all agreed on everything...and we all love to exercise our egos every now and then

Makka: I think UC's look funny

FastEHHolden: I agree

person X: I agree too

Person Y: me too

ADMIN: READ THE FORUM RULES ON AGREEING TOO MUCH...but we agree

some form of advocate: If the consensus is to agree, I disagree..but I really wanted to agree..but you all did so I wont.

#3 _DocDamage_

_DocDamage_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:31 AM

Seems too happen mostly when people start topics that ask for trouble. :rolleyes:

I get no enjoyment out of upsetting others and making people feel bad, but sometimes, some people (myself included) need to be told to pull there heads in occasionally. I like the heated discussion, even the one's that stray from the topic, as long as there is still a hint of relevance.

#4 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:55 AM

it has actually made some of the more knowledgeable members not want to reply to certain posts.

.................. ;)

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:02 AM

And if a heated discussion arises, I just think it's important that that stays in one thread, and that no one holds grudges after it. But yes; we're mostly males, and males are prone to arguing and "exercising their egos".

There are only two or three members here who I don't like (and I've never met any of them in person) but I'll still try to act the same way to them on here as my best mate

EDIT: And Makka, if ya wanna bag UCs, just make sure that you are friends with the owner of the one you wanna bag, and make sure that other people viewing the thread (that haven't met any of us or know the community) know it's in jest, or they'll think this isn't a very positive forum.

Edited by Heath, 08 November 2006 - 09:04 AM.

#6 SamBam

SamBam

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:41 AM

its more exciting if theres a bit of fire going on, but there is a line that we should all not cross to avoid severe damage.
everyone is entitled to a personal opinion and we will express that n feel that we are right (i'll admit im like that sometimes). but its all fun n games, until someone loses an eye.
there is no one on the forum that i dont like, cos firstly i have not met them in person n i feel that to determine if they are a good bloke i'd wanna meet them. and second cos u dont wanna make enemies on here, when the whole site is like a family, n we all help each other out, and share our passion, the love of toranas.

#7 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

I don't know why there needs to be "heated" moments on an internet message board... especially the great one we have happening here...

Eveyone has their own opinion of the different torrie shapes/combinations... i don't see whats wrong with sharing it without being attacked?

I didn't even notice the attention, everyone seams to get along to me...

#8 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

some form of advocate: If the consensus is to agree, I disagree..but I really wanted to agree..but you all did so I wont.

that sums up the last paragraph of my post pretty well, I just wasnt going to put it that way :blink:

#9 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

If I have offended anybody, I apologise.... but if I want to offend anybody, I'll PM them! :finger: :tease:
Seriously, I know when someone is poking fun at me being a UC owner, and it's always in jest....
C'mon people, if you really get offended or upset by someone saying your car is this or that, it's time to chill.
We all love our cars, but who cares what anybody else says?
Especially if that person hasn't been a passenger or even seen the car in the flesh?

I know one person who thinks my car is quite a nice ride....hangs the most crap on it.
Look, I don't give a pigmie's, my car is my car.
Don't like it? Walk!

My 2c

#10 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

:ZZZ:

#11 Dagabond

Dagabond

Bored Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:40 AM

Anyone who takes even half the crap posted out here on the internUt to seriously need's to have there head read....

Including this post. :blink:

#12 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:40 AM

Hey guys, Interesting topic cause it's one that has been brought up before, and rears its head now and then.

From my personal point of view I tend to try and encourage people with what theyre doing by adding comments that will help them in what theyre doing. If that means telling them they're on teh wrong path, or that ive done it differently, or that there might be another way to do it; i'll tell them.

Most people come here for advise, and also to display and be proud of their efforts and hard work. I recall too vivdly a member who was attacked VERY harshly for his decision to use an "imported turbo" engine in his car. That was a joke! THe guy comes here for some advise about his car and to show us his project and plans and we had guys bagging out his car, his taste and his combo because it had a jap engine ( And yep.. I know most of you will know who i'm talking about.)

Now that's the kind of thing that turns OFF the members who like to contribute and who've been around and seen ALOT done to the cars we love! I think its refreshing to see something new.. something that hasnt been done or something that's being done bigger/better or badder. And for that reason i say good on them! Even though it may not be my cup of tea, And i can think of at least 3 instances instantly of cars i DONT like on here I sat good on the person for doing it, and thanks for showing us here what CAN be done!

It comes down to both sides though. People need to think a bit more about what theyre saying BEFORE they say it.. and the "reciever" needs to take a step back and relax if something is said that they dont agree with.
Getting the heckles up and arguing back really turns a stupid comment into a heated argument and gets no one anywhere.

Ive had enough of stupid comments, and if i come across something that I believe is inappropriate. I will remove it. I'm doing all i can to ensure that ALL our members want to be here and contribute and i'll do what i can to make it that way.

Cheers.

#13 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:42 AM

As the guys above posted while i was posting... Theyre right...

Water off a duck's back... Live and let live.. whatever..

Just get on with enjoying the cars!

#14 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

Just get on with enjoying the cars!

thats my exact point :spoton:

#15 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:02 PM

I would agree with whats posted ^. :clap:
I feel all warm and fuzzy now :D

#16 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:27 PM

what the f##k there is no f##ken tension here f##k me dead lol

#17 _trna76hb_

_trna76hb_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:30 PM

Oh big group hug :rolleyes:

#18 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

Beat me to it.

Harden the f#@k up! (as per original other post....) :tease:

Edited by knoath, 08 November 2006 - 12:36 PM.

#19 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

spot on ^^^^^ :D

#20 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:41 PM

It comes down to both sides though. People need to think a bit more about what theyre saying BEFORE they say it.. and the "reciever" needs to Harden the f#@k up if something is said that they dont agree with.
Getting the heckles up and arguing back really turns a stupid comment into a heated argument and gets no one anywhere.

Ive had enough of stupid comments, and if i come across something that I believe is inappropriate. I will remove it. I'm doing all i can to ensure that ALL our members want to be here and contribute and i'll do what i can to make it that way.

Cheers.

add reply, no delete, add reply, no delete...
seirously ive edited Tinys statment to prove that there is nothing wrong with a bit of comedy but outright personal attacks should not be tollorated.
the origional snippet should be reflected on a little more on occasion tho.

#21 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:11 PM

we are all different, eg. if someone puts a rotary in a lx torana they have to expect some negative comments as its a contraversal thing to do, just like a 350 chev in a XY falcon your gonna cop shit thats just the way it is when you go against the grain. its just different opinions thats the way i see it. i dont agree with everything said on this forum sometimes, but hey, the way i see it if you like torries (any model) then your all OK in my book :spoton:

#22 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:58 PM

There are only two or three members here who I don't like (and I've never met any of them in person)

So since we meet regularly, that means you still love me?

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

Don't we all? :rolleyes:

#24 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:44 PM

I'm trying to get around the issue of favorite Toranas by owning one of each :rolleyes:

#25 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:33 PM

It pays not to think too much about some things on the forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users