Rotten thieves strike again!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

My cousin came to visit me today with a sad story about his HQ coupe.
A few months back he went overseas to Greece for a few months holiday only to come back and find his Monaro on bricks with his Cragers gone, not only did they ripp the wheels they also ripped oout his stereo system with decked out boot boxed subbs, the trim was all ripped apart.. What they couldnt take they destroyed.

On a lucky note they didnt take the car cos it was in the backyard under the carport parked behind 2 cars and a roller door.

Cops said there not much they could do so now his up for a new set of rims so he can cruiz it this summer.

What do you do?

John

#2 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:10 PM

buy a big bgucking dog

#3 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

What do you do?? Have a quick cry and get really pissed off.

A mate of mine's brother years ago had his mags stolen but he had little engraving marks on then so he could identify them. One day he spotted them on another car and followed it back to where it lived. It was full of rough/dodgey buggers so he didn't confront them there and then. He knew someone who was always racing in demolition derbys so he got one of his demo cars drove to the house and rammed thier car in the side (It was parked on the roadside) and then took off!!!!

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:53 PM

So he didn't get the wheels back?

#5 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:21 PM

If somebody really wants to steal something from you, eventually they will. The best you can do is to make sure everything is properly insured.

#6 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:49 PM

Have a cry. Then burn their house down. (Sarcasm).

Feel sorry for your cousin. Unfortunately police can't do much when it comes to stolen wheels (or most things for that matter), because most of the time there is nothing identifiable about them.

Edited by JBird, 12 November 2006 - 07:50 PM.

#7 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

With or without them inside?

#8 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:51 PM

:rolleyes: :D

#9 _wraith75_

_wraith75_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:15 PM

Hope he gets hi ride up and going 4 a hot sumer there are some scume out there .

Edited by wraith75, 12 November 2006 - 09:17 PM.

#10 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

Mate that Farked nothing worse then working hard on something u love and low life thiefs come and steal and damage that hopefully what they say is true what goes around comes around. My mate Got a Vrss on a loan and Only got 3rd comp insurance and it was stolen from tafe and never found he lost the lot :(

#11 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

Then burn their house down.

i love a sunburnt country :spoton: i f#cken hate thieves i say we should learn from the arabs and cut their hands off when they are caught :furious: :furious:

#12 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

Or graft an ugly <insert ugly colour here> hat on their head so you can shame them on the streets. No need to get barbaric cutting hands and all that. It's a shame most thieves get away with it :<_<: - Karma will definitely catch up to them.

#13 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:52 PM

do what all of us do

get tatts up the arms bald carry a gun and join a bikey gang and chang ur name to chopper reid ha

seriously i hope those assholes get whats comming for doing this to a hq COUPE!

ps would u be able to post up some pics of the car before it was stripped of its wheels and sound system

#14 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:34 AM

Without them inside. he could handle himself, but numbers usually prevail. He didn't get the wheels back, but he got a lot of satisfaction. He didn't have to worry about the police as the people with the stolen wheels wouldn't report it.

#15 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:04 AM

which is why i would have taken the car.

#16 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

I had a lcgtr, 2600s and a few other bit's forsale on the forum about 4-6wk ago. Had 100 people ring, told 3 people where i live. Same week had a bloke at 2am standing at the front of my shed looking for petrol.

#17 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:06 PM

^^^ yeah that sounds a bit dodgy.... im always very carefull with telling people where i live and what they get to see.....

John, was your cousins car insured?

#18 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:19 PM

I had a lcgtr, 2600s and a few other bit's forsale on the forum about 4-6wk ago. Had 100 people ring, told 3 people where i live. Same week had a bloke at 2am standing at the front of my shed looking for petrol.

Could always be a coinsidence but it makes you wonder though doesnt it..

Matt the monaro wasnt insured it was only just finished after a 4 year rebuild, the car was only registerd for about 1 month before it was attacked... My cousin(Chris) had smashed it into a Ford XD 4 years ago and bent the chassis rails, lucky for HQs you can unbolt them and replace em easy as...

Ill get some pics and show you guys what it looked like before it was attacked by these ratfinks.

John

#19 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:08 AM

I don't think he was there for car parts or a car, but i will never ever know. It was only that my printer wouldn't work, and paperwork had to do done and we were still up.

2 yrs ago, a bloke rolled up at the farm and wanted to buy wifes car. Told her he built sheds. So she got him to build the 5bay shed sitting there for a grey fergie tractor. He had done one day, and rang and said he would he back. Went up a few mths later due to my broken leg. There was corrie sheet laying over about 5acres, he had put 2 screws per sheet. Went back to clean up the next weekend and found tractor missing, only 3bays were bulit and and not a strait post . Other 2bays missing plus it's corrie. Went to the police, and said the tractor and shed are missing. Cop told me, who cares. I told him to get f@#ked and a few other things. And told the cop, i would bash this bloke, then sort it out in court. Cop told me to get out. Wife was not happy with me or the cop at all. But after i left, the cop did pull the phone book out and point him out, and said this is the bloke i think, to the wife. Aren't we so luck we have good honest police who care.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users