355LX

Long Term Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

Mine was the four door with the crooked SLR decal on the front guard and has hotwires and drop tank, side view on an oval.

WA car, would'nt have made it over east at any stage. Miss it alot, my favourite Torana of all time.

Dave

#27 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

heath,do you have any papaya lx5000/a9x sedan photos by any chance ?love to see em!

#28 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Heath, what size is your pic collection? as in megs/gigs.

Damn you got some pics.

He'd have less if he didnt steal them off peoples websites.

#29 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

heath,do you have any papaya lx5000/a9x sedan photos by any chance ?love to see em!

i dunno about heath but i got this one. not mine, and yes i stole it from somewhere.

Attached Files

#30 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,363 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

I don't think that answers the question very effectively.

I'm always up for a debate though. I don't claim the pictures as my own, there are plenty that are my own, and i don't make a big deal out of that. Me grabbing other people's photos and putting them in the folder that I have all the photos in enables me to have more eye candy on my computer, and be more effective in helping people visualise stuff that they are considering, when they request to see photos from others.

What the f*ck is the problem with that?

L32M20, if you'd like to see more photos of Papaya sedans, send me an e-mail, [email protected]

#31 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

And what's the problem? He doesn't use the pictures to benefit himself in anyway at all. He doesn't erase any watermarks or anything. He just collects them and normally compiles them really well so when somebodies asks for pics, he can give them what they want! I'm sure the people who have taken the pics are happy to see them being used to benefit others! And if they really wanted credit for the pics, they would have put their own watermark on them!

I think its fantastic what Heath does! Please don't come out and label him a thief for it, that's just uncalled for doesn't help the forum at all.

#32 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:02 AM

Admin Edit:

Members have been warned on many occasions and again recently about stirring the pot and jumping on the bandwagon.
There was no need to post your comment regarding Heath to stir up the situation in this thread.
It has been deleted accordingly.

There is also no need for you to continually dig at admin on this site, if you have a problem PM the admin concerned or another admin to discuss it. You are an admin on the QTCC forum and you would not put up with such from a member there so have some respect for this forum and its members.

Grant..
Admin Team

#33 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:04 AM

id like to know who here DOES NOT click and save nice pics of toranas when they see them regardless of where they came from. i dont see what the big deal is of heath collecting them and cataloging them so that he can look at them for inspiration...(paint the front)...and help others out with pics. it would be a pretty useless site if we couldnt help each other out with torana stuff...especially with simple pics.

#34 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

did you watch southpark last night BigT? Ron Howard...ahahahaha

#35 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

DJ has been carrying on about that all morning hahahah

#36 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

Maybe in future when posting a large number of photos you should:
A. put a warning so those with limited downloading capacity or Dial up are aware
B. Acknowledge if cars are members cars (eg GML-31)
C. Acknowledge they are not your own pics and are copied from websites, incase a site is uphappy with photo ripping.

Please be aware that Heath has been very helpful to some members who have lost files in the past.
Next time Heath - please post in a new thread with "Not Dial-up friendly/Large image load" and we can then put it into the thread it is aimed at with a warning in the title.
All, hit the Stop button on your browser if you don't want the pics to download next time :D

AGAIN people .... no jumping on the bandwagon, have some respect for admin and if you have a problem with a member or an admin, PM another admin about it. Acting like whinging kids in a playground isnt going to do you any favours.
Spam posts may be deleted with no explanation, and repeatitive spam posting will incur warnings and eventually bannings.

Grant..

#37 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

I show respect for any member who shows respect to me, regardless of whether they signed up today or they have been an admin for six years. I was shown no respect by having some very subjective cheap-shot. If I saw anyone else say that statement to anyone else on this member, I would jump in and have my speil regardless of whether anyone else had or had not done it. I didn't get a chance to read T's post though.

I think any "Pics wanted" thread is enough of an indication that it will be dial-up unfriendly, just like the "random picture thread", or a project thread. Do you think that is a fair statement Grant?

Edited by Heath, 23 June 2009 - 12:59 PM.

#38 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,187 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

If they are very large or numerous, why not just post links rather than starting a whole new thread?

#39 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

Yes Heath, I agree, but many users won't make that assumption.
Sorry mate, should have put another :tease: next to the line aimed at you.

Running late on lunch :P looking at this, so in a rush.
Some people have issues when other keep pics of their cars, and that is understandable.
Ass mentioned in the edit to Tony's post, you have helped others when they have lost files in the past, so no drama there.

Just a reference or any info will stop any attacks.
Also, it can sometimes be detrimental to a website, when their pics are used elsewhere.
I know we have had other places remove things that were taken directly from here in the past....

Got any Silver LH/X sedans?? :D

Grant..

#40 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

Posted to slow, points i made were already covered, no need for my reply.

Have a good day people.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 23 June 2009 - 01:07 PM.

#41 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Now that I think about it even more, the concept of starting a new thread sounds even more ridiculous. The thread was dedicated to photos that will be posted. It will obviously not be dial-up friendly.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but wouldn't one of the jobs of a moderator/admin be to edit titles of threads with information like "Not dial-up friendly" and "Not suitable for work" etc if the original poster neglects to do so? Obviously where the line is drawn is quite debatable, but on other forums, that kind of thing is very common.

Regarding the large photo spamming, I did do that particular job two years ago. Nowadays i would just post a link to my photobucket website, but no one seems to like that anyway.

EDIT: Posted too slow as well. Obviously my gripe is not with you, it's with Tinkers.

Edited by Heath, 23 June 2009 - 01:11 PM.

#42 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

AND I did it TWO YEARS ago, nowadays i would just post a link to my photobucket website, but no one seems to like that anyway.

Lol, i didnt even notice that.

Good call.... What is this an episode of Cold Case or something :tease:

Cheers.

#43 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, and Heath is the body in the freezer :P

Just to clarify, if you post in a new thread (the new considerate Hetah that is :P ) with a Not-Dial-Up-Friendly warning then in the post say it's for the other thread we'll merge them.....

Admin and Mods generally don't have the time to read every post, so may not notice one that is killing ppls download limits :D
Help us help everyone else and we're all happier for it.

Better change the title up there ^^^^^^^^^^

Grant..

#44 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

How many people actually have Dial-up these days? Is it even available any more?

If you have slow net, you open up a page with lots of pics... you go ahh shit "Stop" and bugger off.

No one complained 2 years ago when heath posted it... So don't see why 2 years later its a problem...

#45 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

Heath, what size is your pic collection? as in megs/gigs.

Damn you got some pics.

Exactly. Looks like he has all the pics of white Torries that I've ever posted!!!! Eww, looks like Heath has been already roasted on this one!!!!

Oh, well, on a more positive note, saved me looking through my photobucket account.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 24 June 2009 - 08:39 AM.

#46 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

add this one to your collection too Heath, will get more pics when I take it to a show.
Posted Image

#47 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

Could a closed your bonnet.

Nice nose cone. I'm going to paint mine up for Yella. Got an original LH one upstairs in the shed, complete with letters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users