- - - - -

MY '73 LJ Torana

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

That looks great mate. The rims really look nice on that car.

I will give you a race down the quater... i've got a 73 LJ as well, pretty standard cept for the mild cam and the gas system...

Black vs White. :spit: :rockon:

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 11 March 2008 - 03:58 PM.

#27 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:52 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great job!!! Congratulations.

Give yourself and your old man a pat on the back for a job well done.

#28 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

Good stuff mate! The car looks great!

Cant wait to see it at the drag day on Saturday!!!

#29 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

Nice job with the wheels. Looks mint!

#30 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,365 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

Looks better in the flesh!

#31 _3point3_

_3point3_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:23 AM

Cheers guys really makes us feel good to here all the positive feedback.

Dave

#32 _Toranaman24_

_Toranaman24_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hi all, been a while since ive done any work on the car after the Heathcote drag day. I blew up the trimatic there and hadnt done anything for a long time, as i was working and had no motorvation to get out in the cold and on2 the stones.

so i got the crane out hooked it up but the motor got caught on the extractors got pinned and i went inside. UNTIL now...

This is how i left it for 2 months.
Posted Image

(as i was typing this i found out my phone wont hook up the computer so no pics till tomorrow haha) but nearly finished rebuilding the 202, and have the motor and gearbox out. But im still looking for a good working orger trimatic to replace the one which went boom!

Matt

#33 _Toranaman24_

_Toranaman24_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 _202LX_

_202LX_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:11 PM

Thats a sic car youve got there mate.
Full respect. :rockon:

#35 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:26 PM

Very nice car and fullpoints to you and your ol man for all the work put in to get it to where it is today, also love the wheels i had a set on my HX Statesman i think they where called 'Phantoms' from memory.

Mort

#36 _Toranaman24_

_Toranaman24_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

Very nice car and fullpoints to you and your ol man for all the work put in to get it to where it is today, also love the wheels i had a set on my HX Statesman i think they where called 'Phantoms' from memory.

thanks mort but i believe they are called "Deltas" as that is whats cast into the center of the wheel. always love getting the positive feedback :)

#37 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

Love the Delta rims, can't remember the style name thou. First time I've seen a set on a Torrie and they look good. I wanted those rims for my first car (VH Commodore) but ended up with Dragway Indy's instead.

#38 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

yeh i gotta admit man...i was eyeballing your rims for quite some time at the drag day....that is...after i stopped staring at yer paint! Yeh man 202 looks nice n shiny : ). Should go much better!!

#39 _Toranaman24_

_Toranaman24_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

Wellfair bits been happening in the last few weeks and im proud to say shes NEARLY on the road.

we have the 202 and trimatic in. We still havnt been able to get it started even after double checkin everything over and over though. we have spark, have compression, have fuel, have oil pressure (we did turn it over abit to prime it so there is oil coming out from MOST of the rockers), and the timing is in the right place.

the best we have done is mayb 2 or 3 farts in a row but she wont start...any ideas?

NOW i do have another little secret...i purchased a full airbag suspension kit off adamlcgtr383blownchev (the one he had in his LC. i havnt got it yet but should hopefully soon. It was a very impulsive buy haha but it will b cool. IM sure there will be alot of work in getting it setup and all. BUt im not sure whether i buy a new LJ and put it in that or put it in this one. i hate having to pay insurance and rego wen im not driving it. So this mayb along way down the track :)

take it easy guys, i'll throw up some pics soon

Matt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users