Yella Terra head on 202

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:46 PM

Hey all,

I recently bought a fully recoed yella terra head. It looks the goods and its got hardened valve seats, double valve springs, new valve guides, 3 angle valve grind, shaved and pressure and crack tested :).

Anyway...I will be bolting this onto my 202. I would like to put roller rockers on to the head too, i am looking at a set that are 1.6 ratio. I have been told buy the guy that i bought it off that i will need different pushrods to the 202 ones that i have currently. As this head has manifold studs, i have been told that i will need a set of hardened 186 pushrods.Does this sound right? I have heard that you can get a whole range of different sized pushrods and i (obviously) don't want to buy pushrods that will be too long/shot. So i guess i am asking...do pushrods vary in length or, if i have manifold studs its 186 pushrods for me?

Anyway heres some pics,
Brad
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 _gtrtorana_

_gtrtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:46 AM

186 rods sound the right choice. I use them with my 186 headed 202.

#3 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:59 AM

What is that crap around the valve stems? looks like expanding foam???

#4 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

Ok cool so i shall invest in some 186 hardened rods :rockon: cheers

@FastEHHolden:

LOL...i think its just a prepping lubricant of some sort. That was also evident in the head that ive got on the UC now when i had the head recoed, they were both done at the same place, i was under the assumption that all new heads had that after a reco?

Edited by Brad1979UC, 16 May 2008 - 10:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users