• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 _Patrick_

_Patrick_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hey guys.
Seems my Torana project has hit the wall, everything is being sold off. :(
Im hoping to find out what model these pedals are from, just in case they are worth something to someones conversion as i seem to recall certain manual pedal setups can be worth a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers,

Pat

#2 _Roadknight_

_Roadknight_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

I would take a stab and say the one with 'disc brake' is UC and the other is LH.

#3 _HQ SS_

_HQ SS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

I am not sure if torana ones are the same but they look like HQ-J peddles to me.
If you have a look here
http://gallery.oldho...SS/Tech/Pedals/
Opps I just realized that I have not put a picture of a HQ-J manual brake peddle there yet.
But there is a clutch peddle picture there.
Cheers Paul.

#4 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,018 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

I agree, I dont think any Torana had that size pedal pad.

#5 _ozbox_

_ozbox_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

they look like 6 cylinder lh lx pedals to me....even after looking at hq ss pedals in the pics the bump stop is in a different spot and the hq pedal where the ball is ..is further out..

also save me doing another post to hq ss..the 3rd clutch pedal you have listed is a hz/wb 6 cylinder pull type..v8 is a different pedal again..im not sure you knew that so i thought i would tell you...im not trying to be smart....cheers greg

#6 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Ozbox is 100% correct on the HZ/WB pedal. 6cyl late HZ/WB pedal is longer than all others, and can only be used in that specific application. V8 style can be retrofiited to HQ-HZ, and is the same length as all other HQ-HZ.

Not sure on the pedals from the original post. Can only be LH/LX 6cyl or HQ/HJ with rat-trap. My original thought was HQ/HJ.

#7 _HQ SS_

_HQ SS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:17 AM

I have now added pictures of a HQ-J brake peddle as well and also a complete set up from a HQ as well.
This is a HQ set up.

Posted Image

Greg I do not mind being told new information at all. I knew there was a difference between 6 and 8 pull cable peddles as they have different part number in the parts book but what the difference was I did not know.
So from what is posted above a V8 peddle is shorter in over all length to a 6cyl peddle in the HZ and WB type.
If this is correct as this

Posted Image

is a picture I just took showing the three peddles on a long bolt to show there lengths and the pull one is shorter than the other two.
Now I am really confessed.
Cheers Paul.

#8 _ozbox_

_ozbox_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

they are confusing..yel327 is the real expert on the lengths between the v8 pull and 6cyl pull pedals....also i just double checked and the original pics are of an hq hj pedal and not torana.....

#9 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

Difference between WB pedals is if you look up under the dash you'll see two pivot points for the clutch pedal. The lower pivot point is for the V8 pedal. It has a shorter bottom piece where the pad sits and a longer bit at the top where the hook is so you get more cable pull. The 6cyl pedal pivots in the top hole and the hook is closer to the pivot point as the cable remains in the same place. This means a longer bottom half so the pad sits level with the brake pedal pad. If you look also at the folded bit of metal that straddles the clutch pedal and also supports the cable sheath it has 2 x holes in it for the clutch pedal pivot bolt, corresponding to the 2 x holes in the section that supports the pedals.
The above is why the WB 6cyl pedal in the photo is shorter than the HX/HZ type as the HX/HZ one pivots using the same hole as the WB V8.
(I've purposely called the full cable WB and the half cable HX/HZ to avoid confusion. Late HZ is actually the same as WB).

I'm not sure why the HQ/J one you have there is longer than the HZ pedal as HQ/J use the same pivot hole as HZ and V8 WB. When I get time i'll have a look at all the pedals I have at home. Maybe the HQ has a longer brake pedal but I was certain they were the same length as HZ/WB.

#10 _HQ SS_

_HQ SS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

Sorry for taking over your thread Patrick.
Thanks for the reply Yel327.
I still am a little bit confused as I have fitted the clutch peddle out of my V8 HZ ute in my SS to fit a 5spd conversion which use's a pull cable set up.
But that is in the lower hole on the HQ and the peddle is too short compared to the std one.
Here is a picture of the set up in the HQ.

Posted Image

But I have another two peddles that look and measure up as being the same one is out of car and one has been refitted in to my HZ ute and now looking at it, it is a little bit to low as shown in this picture.

Posted Image

So if this is a 6cyl peddle and it should be in the top hole it will sit even or a little bit higher than the brake peddle I would guess.
Which would be right.
But if the V8 peddle is shorter that the 6cyl peddle would that account for the miss alignment in my HQ.

I measured the peddles and all three measure the same as in this picture.

Posted Image

So is that correct for a 6 or a 8 peddle or am I doing it all wrong.
If anyone has a picture of a V8 peddle I sure would like to see what the actual difference is.
Thanks for you patience Paul.

Edited by HQ SS, 07 April 2009 - 10:40 PM.

#11 _ozbox_

_ozbox_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

paul,the full cable pedal in the last pic looks like a v8 one?...its different from the one in the pic at the top is it not?

#12 _HQ SS_

_HQ SS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

ozbox.
The peddle in this last picture is the same peddle that I had in the picture of the three types in my shed at oldholden.
That is why I am trying to sort out what is what.
The one at the top looks to be the same as my HQ peddles that why I said it was a HQ/J type.
I'm so confused.
Paul.

#13 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:51 AM

Paul

I probably won't get a chance to get all my pedals out and suss it out until next week.

Byron

#14 _HQ SS_

_HQ SS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Thanks Byron.
No rush at all, it all works alright in the HQ it just looks a bit strange thats all.
Cheers Paul.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users