• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#126 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

i will just blast it a slowly pull the tube out and hopfully it gets it all

Proven method.........heheheee :)

Seriously though, coming along good mate. Good to see that plenum repair done, I'll be doing something very similar in the next month or so.

#127 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

i will just blast it a slowly pull the tube out and hopfully it gets it all

haha! Sounds like you're trying to get someone pregnant!

#128 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:46 AM

^^ if it does happen to fall pregnent i hope it has a LX hatch for me Posted Image

mello i just glad thats the worst of the rust repairs now done and the rest is straight forward unless i find some more hidden cancer Posted Image

#129 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

just a quick update as to were im at with the build, the whole inside of the car is now finished besides the rear parcell tray ( 1/2hr tops ) and the underside of the roof ( 1/2hr tops ), 1st i cleaned it all up with a twist knot whire wheel on my grinder to get rid of any sh*t and to see if i found any suspect spot that might have needed attention but it was all good so it all got a couple of coats of etch then all new seam sealer right though, some acylic primer then blew some GMH Black though out the car, anyways here are some pic's....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

under the dash were i had to do some repairs
Posted Image

and the under side of the floorpan is ready for some Shiltz tomorrow
Posted Image

Posted Image

couple more things to be done then i can start working on the panels Posted Image

#130 _TJ308_

_TJ308_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Looks great coming along well

#131 _patch_

_patch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

starting to come along pretty well there lee! carnt wait to see some pics when the colour gets layed on B)

#132 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

thx Fella's i glad to see another colour other than grey at the moment Posted Image and with the colour ( Orange ) well i think it might be back to the discussion board with me and my brain as im starting to see alot of Orange Torana's but dont get me wrong i love the colour and thats why i thought i would go with the repol Honda Orange as it is a fluro type orange different form the others, but hey who knows anything could happen yet Posted Image

#133 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

You are going to paint it what???.... Orange? Oh no!

well.... if you are planing on breaking down regularly, then painting it the same color as a signal flare would probably be a good idea! :)

Shut up Matty! Hahahaha

#134 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

good on ya Col Posted Image if does end up orange i hope it dont go breaking down all the time on me Posted Image

#135 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

well i cant belive it, i have done some work on the Torana 2 days in a row for the 1st time in a while now, today i Shiltz the underside of the floor pan minus the diff hump, boot floor and the front rails as i have a little bit of work still to do on them, anyways here are some more pic's of this mornings job Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the tunnle mod i did is all nice and new looking again and i pretty happy with it ( sort of )

Posted Image

Posted Image

now i will see what tomorrow brings Posted Image

Edited by nial8r, 12 June 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#136 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

That's looking real good mate! top work. :clap:

#137 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

As always, top work there Lee Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image . It's come along way since i saw it a week ago, you really powering along there, guess it won't be long before i'm coming down with my VN wiring book to give ya a hand to wire up the 5.0ltr. Keep it up mate, very inspiring.

#138 tsn007

tsn007

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

looking good

what is Shiltz ??

#139 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

^ spray on under body stone guard.

#140 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

thx for the praise fella'sPosted Image Tony , Shiltz its like what TerrA LX said, people use it for all sorts such as sound deadener, stone gaurd e.t.c, i guess you would have seen it before but i dont think its called Shiltz anymore its called something like M40 undercoating or somethingPosted Image its just what i know it as the same as Prepsol = Wax & Grease Remover, just the other week i was at the local paint supplies joint and asked the young bloke behind the counter for some " Prepsol " he looked at me like i just asked him for left handed screw driver Posted Image and then an older fella comes out and says what are ya after mate, so i told him again and of he goes and brings me back what i wanted then the young bloke says to the older fella, he didnt ask for that !!! the older fella tells him ill explain it to you later. maybe i need to brush up on all the new names of the products lol..

#141 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

Hi Matt, was good to catch up last weekPosted Image im still talking to a couple of my mates about your mates Wagon Posted Image sh*t it sounded nice and when yous left i couldnt belive it the way it left with ease towing a car float with the Torana on it, i bet it gets up and goes unloaded hey...... hows your new project going ?? the way you work i would think it would already be in primer and ready for colour Posted Image

im not to far off now to getting that motor back in and all wired up then i can rip it back out and and getting all the good go fast bits neededPosted Image still a bit undecided weather to go 355 or 383 Posted Image but yes your right it wont be to long before i require your assistance in the wiring department, all i need to do now it fab up fuel tank out of cardboard for a templet and raise the boot floor, finish the radiator support the i finally get to start playing with some panels Posted Image

#142 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

Yeah was good to catch up Lee, yes that wagon does move along nicely, his other car is something else all together though. He has the flywheel you needed to & said he'll drop it off to you next time he goes down your way. The rate you're progressing it doesn't look like it'll be very long before you've got the body in primer & start procrastinating over the colour. As for me getting my new project in primer, nah far from it. I have got two good doors on it to replace the rusted ones & two more on the way but that's about as far as i've gone. Time permiting i'm hoping to have the beaver panel & lower quarters fixed & the support panel fitted in a few weeks though, then the real fun begins. By the way, i like the racing slick you gave me with the car, my suspisions were arised by the black marks in your driveway. Tell me you got some video footage of it lol. Anyhow, keep up the good work mate.

#143 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

HI Matt sry for the late reply but we just got back from a little holiday that was way over due thats for sure !! i knew it wouldnt be long before you started pulling bits of and replacing them with new bits, are going with another 304 T7 combo in this one also ?? i dont imagine you would be going carbi 308 would ya.... lol i was so intrigued with you and ya mates knowlage that i had my listening ears on the whole time that i forgot all about the little skid i did in the driveway and yes alison ran out with the camera so there are some pic's, for an almost 40 year old engine i thought it wouldnt have a hope in hell of spinning a wheel not even on wet grass lol i will post some pic's so you can have a look, but it wasnt nothing to spectacula Posted Image , anyways im having the weekend off just get a few things sorted here in the shed then hook back in, gotta get the boot floor done, the lower beaver which you seen, repair up the end of the rails, repair and fit the radiator support, lower quaters, rear glass apeture then its on to the door,gaurds e.t.c oh shit i better get that LSD shortened before it comes of the rotisserie too, i can only remember a little bit about what your mate said to do with it when it comes time to build it up, can you remember at all ?? righto i better split and get some more stuff done around here,

chat soon

#144 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

here are the pic's Matt, like i said it wasnt no summernats or anything Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

belive it or not it was in 2nd gear to so for a 173 auto i think it done well, and it was done before i knew it was going to you other wise i wouldnt have done it just thought i better clear that up Posted Image

#145 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

LMFAO Lee, that's a pretty good effort for an old shitter Posted Image Getting some practise in before the V8 one hits the road hey. Posted Image I'm not fussed you tested the diff for me before i got the car,i love it, reminds me of days gone by & i can assure you, that won't be the last skid that car does. Besides, that whole running gear will be turfed. You guessed right, it'll be getting an injected 5.0ltr conversion though this one will be different to my Orchid Torana, sort of a cross between that car & my silver SL/R. Thinking of going manual trans this time to, though after seeing the pain you went through, i don't think i'll fit a T5. Anyhow, good to hear you gave yourself a well earned holiday, keep us posted on the LX build & catch up with ya soon. Cheers Matt

#146 _patch_

_patch_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA love it! nice skid :3gears: bet the neighbors loved you after that

Edited by patch, 18 June 2010 - 06:36 PM.

#147 _doogs_

_doogs_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Lol good form !! Quite a good effort from the old girl. :P

#148 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

yeah it wasnt to bad for the old 173 6 pot screamer with a trimatic in 2nd gear lmao, i thought it would have boiled or something but it hung in there, Posted Image

#149 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

well a sick as i am with the flu after my holiday i managed to do a bit this morning on the Torana so now all i have to do is the parcell shelf, minor rust repair then its on to the outside, i did the insisde of the roof, cleaned it up with the wire wheel on the grinder, bit of rust converter, etch and then GMH Black and it looks all new again, anyways here are some pic's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

see how i feel tomorrow then i will attack the parcell shelf Posted Image

#150 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

well today i finished the inside of the car THANK F**K FOR THAT !!!!! it was the parcell shelf, what i thought was only 1 minor repair turned in to about 4 although there were only 2 cut out and replace the other where just pin holes so they got a wizz with the cone shaped hole cleaner then filled in with weld, here are some pic's.....

the 1st bit i cut out only to find a bit more underneith
Posted Image

forgot to get a pic of the piece underneith but if you look you can just see it, the new bit tac'ed in and i had to tac a little bit of scrap so i could hold it in place to stop it from falling in the hole.
Posted Image

all welded in and 3 plug welds just to keep the lip down
Posted Image

all cleaned up
Posted Image

Posted Image

my 2 year old son Scott was my Apprentice, his got the Ned Kelly look going on lol, blows me out how he knows most of the tools already so i dont have to bend and twist when i need something he is more than willing to get what i need for me Posted Image
Posted Image

cleaned the whole shelf back to bare metal then blew some Etch primer over it
Posted Image

Posted Image

and then this arvo blew some GMH Black over it and the inside is DONE DONE DONE Posted Image
Posted Image

im that happy im taking the kids and wife and its my shout at the ice creamery Posted Image

Edited by nial8r, 23 June 2010 - 06:09 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users