76 LX Hatch

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#226 _BlownUC202_

_BlownUC202_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

Well here some pics that i took today.

Didnt get to many was too busy chatting to Ayden.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry about the quality of the shots trust me im a better fitter than i am a photographer.

How did ya go anyway mate we left before the presentations.

#227 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

looked the goods mate, very clean

#228 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Spotted yours also Nathan, hidden up in the back corner looking all lonely. I like the new editions tho! engine bay is smooth as.

#229 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

Cheers guys
Sorry about that clint my girlfriend was hungry so we had to get some dinner. next show for sure though.
I had a blast on the weekend enjoyed talking to everyone about the car, all the responses i heard were posistive and the car had a crowd around it for both days cant really be more happy. A few ppl didnt like the white but the could appreciate the work that had gone into it. I met some really nice people and better still my girlfriend enjoyed it also. Even got talking about some new mods with her approval yay hahha.
I didnt get many photos of my car but im getting a few high res ones sent through so i will put them up when i get them.
Also keep an eye out in a few magazines or the next few months ;).

I must thank my gorgeous girlfriend for all her surport through out the build!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks
Ayden

#230 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

Looks PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top stuff!

#231 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

Geez!!!..... i wouldn't even make her take her shoes off if she wanted to get into my car! :P

It looks sweet! Congrats on finishing it.

#232 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

Cheers boys

Just for anyone playing at home the car is featured in this edition of Perth Street Car (sorry u eastern states boys cant get it i dont think) i actually havent seen the article yet as im overseas cant wait to get back and see it.

Car is also heading back in for more work in november. Im changing to an electric water pump and a billet timing chain cover. How good are these electric water pumps does anyone know???
Apart from that its just gonna be small things before Motorvation and xtreme holdens magazine have spoken to me about getting in there as soon as i get back.
I have more picture i will put up when i get to the next port

Cheers Ayden

#233 _torriffic_

_torriffic_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

well done ayden on getting into perth street car mag and your torana does look wicked matey
a true credit to yourself and cronic/gas industries for there work.
i know where my hatch is gunna go.

#234 _patch_

_patch_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

we get that mag here in tasmania

#235 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

looks great in the feature mate, top work

#236 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Just got hold of some photos i will just post up some of my favourites otherwise we will be here all day loading them.

This was taken by my gf while we were doing the perth street car shoot. I really like this photo
Posted Image

These other pics were taken by jordan leist must thank him for all his effort while taking the photos they turned out so well. Hopefully will be working with him again shortly
Posted Image

Posted Image

This one has to be one of my favourites
Posted Image
Hope u guys enjoy

Cheers Ayden

#237 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

frOcking WOW! Is all i can say! Top Shelf car!

#238 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

Well the car hasnt left to get the water pump and drop tank but its going on tuesday morning. Which is good means i dont have to worry about getting it to my new house some how.

Also i finally found the part of the bonnet catch i had lost, which meant i could actually take the car for a spin around the block without a chance of the bonnet flying up. I know the people on my street wished i had never found that part hahah.
It felt good being able to put my foot down a bit, pretty much the further my foot went down the bigger my gf and my smiles got. The car is really responsive and just keeps pulling. i cant wait to have it tuned properly once its got more kms on it. only thing stopping that is rego damnit.

Still waiting to hear back from motorvation to see whether i made it into the elite tent there fingers crossed. Main reason cos its got aircon haha

Found these on the net (photos taken by ash walker i believe)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers Ayden

#239 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

just got the car back the other day for the water pump and drop tank getting fitted so here are some pics.

sorry about the quality they are from a phone will get better ones at motorvation

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The plates are fake and are meant to be a bit funny. I think moist is a gross sounding word and its just a joke between a group of friends

cheers
ayden

#240 _A9XOSS_

_A9XOSS_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

bloody great job well done, when i looked at page-10 i felt like this blokePosted Image
compared to where i'am up to on my project, lol.
love the tank and water pump/time cover add on's too.Posted Image

Edited by A9XOSS, 30 December 2010 - 12:01 AM.

#241 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

Another top build from WA!!! Must be something in the water over there...

Fantastic job mate.

Cheers
Herne

#242 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

Alright boys its been a while since i have posted on here.

Well motorvation went off without a hitch and i enjoyed my weekend alot but next time i will be wearing a hat for sure. The car ran great on the saturday night considering its not tuned properly. On the Sunday arvo they had trophy presentations i went not expecting to win anything, sitting there talking with my dad i hear my name read out. i had no idea what i won but when i got up there i had won Runner-Up Top Tudor awesome i thought i was over the moon. Then i got Top 10 of show aswell! awesome weekend in all

A few weeks ago i got my judging sheet back to see where i fell down with the judges. My paint and my under carriage let me down alot.

So for this year i have a couple of things that will be getting done.
-The car is going back to the painters to get flow coated and some things fixed up.
-I will be redoing the undercarriage welding, grinding and repainting only black though
-The biggest thing i have planned is boost. Thats all i will say about that though

Heres one pic from the show. (Ididnt take it though)

Posted Image

Cheers ayden

#243 _uctorry_

_uctorry_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

You have done an awesome job with the hatch
One of the best i have seen
Pat yourself on the back and be proud of what you have accomplished
Top job well done

#244 _BlakeSS_

_BlakeSS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hey man, let me just start off by saying that the car looks awesome. Was just wandering who done your paint/panel work as I am looking at starting to get my torana in a half decent state haha.

Cheers

#245 _GMH406_

_GMH406_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Nice work with this hatch, attention to detail is great and finished off well.

Great allround stance/look. Winner

Cheers

#246 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hey BlakeSS Dave Cleary up at Gas 78 Induustries did my paint and panel hes located up in wangara i think it is.

Thanks for the nice comments guys every time i look at it though i wanna change something hahaha. I spoke with my mechanic today and he agreed the engine should be able to cope with 6-8 psi of boost so thats what i will be working towards.

Ayden

#247 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Noticed its in the Motorvation feature in this months Street Machine Ayden. Won't be long til it is in the mag for real. Good stuff mate. How come you are going to supercharge it mate? I may have missed it but how much power is it putting out now?

#248 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hey LX Torry Freak
I dont have any idea on the power output of the motor at the moment hey and the mechanic doesnt wanna put a figure on it. Power figures dont really bother me. Um the reason for the supercharger hahha i dunno just want to be different not many blow thru toranas on the scene (in perth at least). Strange reason i know.

Um in regards to street machine shoot, the car was meant to be going into xtreme holden and from then we were gonna see what other magazines wanted it. But when the photographer called to orangise a date, we spoke for ages and i decided not to go for any more shoots until i was 100% happy with the car. so we are gonna wait till next year. There still things i want to change

Cheers
Ayden

#249 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

Haha talk about an enthusiast... Changing a perfectly wicked car.

#250 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

haha cheers mate

Anyways the decision has been made on what to do with the car. Firstly is rego i have sent my mod forms off about 6 weeks ago and im just waiting to hear back from them so i know what i will need to change. Dunno how much longer it can really take!!!

After that the fun begins again.
-I will be redoing my engine bay deleting so things and smoothing it out properly.
-Re clear coating the whole car which will fix up the paint alot
-The interior will be changed slightly still white just a different setup in the back half of the car
-Also the engine will be getting charged and the fuel system upgraded.

This mini rebuild isnt gonna be getting done too quickly the girlfriend has put her foot down. which is fair enough. I dunno when the rebuild will be finished.

Heres a pic from the latest photo shoot done on the weekend. Not to sure what mag its meant for
Posted Image

Cheers Ayden

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users