Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

sweet hatch
it will be a real head turner wen its finished
wish i had the time and money 2 even get the pannel work done on mine

#77 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

im guessing no one really likes the seats. I know its a bit out there and not what alot of people would expect. But what are everyones thought its gonna be all white with black carpets.
cheers ayden

#78 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Just found some pics of my car on cronic customs website. they arent very big but u can still see it if anyone is interested.

http://www.croniccus...s/thelatest.htm

i get back to perth in 2 weeks hopefully have some more pictures.

cheers ayden

Edited by LX77SL, 25 October 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#79 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm sure it will turn out quite nicely with that interior, but it's a bit hard to visualise.

The SS cluster is worth a few hundred bucks, the other stuff probably not heaps
Sucks about the cash flow problems

#80 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

lookin' really good

#81 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

the hatch panels and console should be worth a few bob too, along with the ss dash.

have a look what rares charge for repo panels...

the car is coming along quite well, I look forward to seeing some more pregress on the beast

#82 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

thanks for the comments everyone the interior should be done by about the end of january. and after that i think the only things left are really
Exhaust
Drop tank
Tail Shaft
Front Bumper (rubberless anyone got one????)
Brake Lines
Running in the motor

And the biggest one i have to get it registered thats gonna be a bit of work taking rims off putting the old seats back in and somehow wiring up some little heaters for the windscreen demister thing cos i removed the heater box just for the pits.
hopefully will be ready for the hot rod and street machine show mid next year now

cheers ayden

#83 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:23 AM

12V hair dryer under the dash, easy enough to wire up to a toggle switch on a temporary bracket and will pass rego.

I like the interior, should be bloody bright! Have fun keeping the white clean though, I struggle with the cream colour in my LJ!

Cant wait to see some finished photos.

#84 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:37 AM

Can't wait to see this beast completed Ayden! Its going to be one of my Favourite Torry's!

Bugger 'Young Guns'! You'll be able to be a COVER car!

#85 _galaxyhatch_

_galaxyhatch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

An absolutely beautiful example of what a creative mind and an awesomemachine can achieve together. Certainly one of the nicest lookinghatch's there Ayden.
I am not a big fan of large dia wheels on an old skool car but theylook great under the flares and not as much out of place as I thoughtthey would.
An outstanding choice of color and it is certainly well executed with the famous blackouts.
The hole less chrome bumpers will definitely set of the outside right and make the car just pop, and good to see a Aussie V8 under the bonnet for a change with a well detailed engine bay.
Over all it is one fine looking Hatch and cant wait to see it on the Road.

Cheers Dave.

(ps you have inspired me to post some pics of my beasty and her build)

#86 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

Well im finally back in perth after a fun and expensive trip to south east asia and picking up a boat load of ilegals immagrants on the way home was an eye opener to see kids younger than me coming to australia with no parents and just the clothes on their back.
Anyways back to the car im some what back on top of the money issues now so the boys at trim care are starting work on my car again and trim should be finished before feb 1st they said. I went and saw the trim yesterday and its still at the same point but i still got a few more pics i will post up later today. All i can say if anyone in perth is looking for trim to be done u cant go past trim care in welshpool awesome work and really really nice guys.

MRLXSS yeah man im hoping to get it in wont be a cover car though, although i still cant believe its my car. The idea at the start of the build was a nice cruiser but everyone knows how it turns out its just one thing after the other. Like my dad has always said with my car if im going to do it do it right the first time. Expensive statement that one is.

galaxyhatch cheers for the nice comments it makes the whole project worth while when people leave comments like that. But i cant take all the credit for it even though its not finished yet, my girlfriend has had alot to do with it she actually pretty much choose the interior colour and designs. Ur car looks top as well loving the ghost flames something different.

Going to take my girlfriends dad to ford to take delivery of a brand new FG F6.

Cheers Ayden

#87 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

Welcome home mate

#88 _Mid Life Crisis_

_Mid Life Crisis_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hey ayden,

just read the thread and I am inspired. I am heading to Whyalla SA to pick up my hatch (project) (pics attached) and if it comes up half as good as yours I will be happy. Great job.

Not sure if the white is too my taste but still looks shmick.

PS...... I am over at Albatross.. 20 yrs as a birdy.... been out for 10.....don't hold that against me. If your ever over this way give me a yell, I should have the hatch underway by then ..... I hope.

Cheers

Dave

#89 _Mid Life Crisis_

_Mid Life Crisis_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

Attached File  torrie.jpg   206.66K   13 downloads

Hey ayden,

just read the thread and I am inspired. I am heading to Whyalla SA to pick up my hatch (project) (pics attached) and if it comes up half as good as yours I will be happy. Great job.

Not sure if the white is too my taste but still looks shmick.

PS...... I am over at Albatross.. 20 yrs as a birdy.... been out for 10.....don't hold that against me. If your ever over this way give me a yell, I should have the hatch underway by then ..... I hope.

Cheers

Dave

Attached File  torrie.jpg   206.66K   13 downloads

#90 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:47 PM

That is going to be one very nice car when your finished

Keep up the good work :clappin:

#91 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

cheers A9X its good to be home hey but im gone for another 3 months in feb going to sydney then new zealand (2 or 3 ports there) then to hobart then adelaide and home around may but im sure my girlfriend will look after my car. Hopwfully will get to see some toranas in my journey,

Mid Life Crisis im glad this build has inspired you to get into ur hatch which looks like a very nice base to start with. What are the plans? Dont worry i wont hold it against u if u were a bloody passenger (birdie). We had a flight on board when we went up top and screw that crew rest u guys get. What is it 9 hours sleep a nite?

Here is a couple more pics but everyone has probs seen them already. Im just glad to have finally seen it again
Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah still needs to be lower in the back end.
Posted Image

Pic does nothing for it but its like a orange over blue paint thingy hard to explain some sort of special effects paint. Its just a sniper kit but should wake up the 308 a bit.
Posted Image

The F6. They are an amazing car even if they are a ford
Posted Image

I will try and have better updates after christmas

Cheers Ayden

#92 _Mid Life Crisis_

_Mid Life Crisis_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:09 AM

Hey ayden,,

Mate jealousy is a curse mate..... lol.... I am guessing your not greeny... 9 hours sleep would only be if they got a shake early...Posted Image I see your were on an ANZAC ???? which one?? did you have a flight with you, I would probably know the crew, or at least some of them.

Anyway, my plans are not as exhuberant (or as costly) as your. I am thinking of just an ausie 4 speed with 253 , persian sand, interior seats in black and brown leather two tone, not too sure how much I want to depart from original configuration. just a bit I think, want it as a classy cruiser, turn a few heads.

How long are you along side??

Cheers

Dave

#93 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:38 AM

hey dave
Yeah im a greenie but a gun buster one VLS Maintainer to be exact so im not as lazy as some of the greenies on board. Yeah we had a flight onboard i think it was something like Tiger 88 or something like that it was defiantly tiger ??. Im on ARUNTA at the moment its not too bad but we just got back have like 2 months alongside and then away for another 3 months.

Plans sound good mate dont worry any v8 torana will turn heads anywhere it goes. Flares?? Do you have a rough time when its gonna be finished hahha

Cheers Ayden

#94 _Mid Life Crisis_

_Mid Life Crisis_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

Ayden

No plans for flares, probably hotwire mags, not sure. Not keen on the "sticky out bits" As for a timeframe well that is very much up to the size of my wallet.... that means it will probably be xmas...... just not sure which year .... lol.

We just had a 2 & 1/2 WEEO in our project team "Steve Ford".... great bloke... you might even know him....he has just joined a ship in the west, going through an upgrade.. will try to find out which one.

Dave

#95 _Mid Life Crisis_

_Mid Life Crisis_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Steve just texted me..... he is on "Perth"

#96 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Well guys i have been flat out over the last 2 weeks. On christmas holidays but having to move house sucks as soon as this car is finished im going to buy my own house so i never have to move again. today i was able to make a quick trip up to trim care for a look and to go over a few things they wanted to do.
Anyways they think the trim will be ready for the 1st of feb just before i go away.

They have trimmed both seats now. They still have to give it a proper clean and pull the leather a bit tighter on the passenger seat. but im very happy with the job they have done.
Posted Image

Dummied up the console (dont wry its not gonna so sharp) to get a rough idea.
Posted Image

Can u see the black bit between the two seats. Its the bracket for the slave screen. the console is extending the whole way to the back seat. They got the angle and posistion perfect the way i wanted it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thats it for now. if all goes to plan this car will debut at the hot rod show mid next year. Fingers crossed anyways
Any thoughts on the car are more than welcome guys

Have a good christmas and new years guys
Ayden

#97 _homer_

_homer_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Very nice... I'm jealous

#98 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

Mate what can one say but awesome

#99 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

cheers guys thats what im after hey a bit of feedback. im glad ppl like it just cant wait till its finished hey seems like it has taken ages just wanna cruise already

ayden

#100 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

fantastic mate!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users