- - - - -

76 LX Hatch

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#126 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

Well the seats and a few other bits will be white leather (front seats already done) and everything else like the boot area, dash, console and the door trims will be white vinyl. Carpet will be black as the trimmer thinks it will bring the seats out and in ur face rather than it being white aswell and it would blend the seats in. Roof lining will be white suede or something like that.

Having 4 buckets is what i was gonna do at the start but the front seats are scheel seats and they arent easy to come by or cheap. because they come out of brock commodores, rs2000 and esp falcons. so in the end i had to have the original back seats

ayden

#127 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Yeah I saw the seats ages ago - didn't realise this was the thread with them in.

Why don't you just get the standard rear seat cut, shut and trimmed into more of a bucket shape ?

Either way will look awesome once its finished.

#128 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:58 PM

In my opinion, I think you've made a right mess of this car. You should get rid of it. I'll give you my address and you can drop it off here, just to bet rid of it : )

Seriously though, it's looking really good. I don't usually like "stereo" interiors, but yours is looking nicely integrated and the work looks top notch.

Keep it up.

Do you want my address? hahaha

#129 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

yeah the back seats will be getting made to look more like buckets with extra foam im sure it will look better than normal. But depending on how the interior looks with black carpet (dunno if i will like it thaty much) the guys at trim care said that i can take it back and get those false floors in. I have always liked them and if it goes back for that i will put two more buckets in because now i want 4 buckets. thanks niterida hahha

yeah trim care is doing an awesome job hey i never thought the boot or the trim for that matter would come up this good haha hope that doesnt sound up myself. Yeah dirtbag by all means send me your address and that car that ur working on mite disappear and end up in garage. awesome job by the way.

ayden

#130 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

I have been pretty bored this morning and i was cleaning up my computer. i found some old pictures from when i bought the car so i thought i would just put them up. I go away for 3 months on the 1st of feb so there probably wont be too many updates but i will get some more pictures as the car stands now on thursday.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thats not rust coming from the join its just like chalky crap from when it rained and it ran of the primer on the roof

Its crazy to think thats this is what i started with
Enjoy

ayden

#131 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

Went to see the car the other day before i go. It was a pity that it wasnt more together cos now i wont see it till its finished but im sure it will turn out how i wanted it.

The console is coming along now
Posted Image

Door Trims. i dunno there seems to be alot going on with the design i will just have to see how it turns out. Whats your opinion??
Posted Image
the design goes thru to the rear trim aswell
Posted Image

Nos bottle mounted its actually "submerged" in the fake floor i really like the way its done. And the battery box will the painted in the same type of paint as the bottle.
Posted Image

They had the bonnet open so i got another pic.
Posted Image

It was open apprently because a guy from some magazine wants to feature it once its finished. yay im guessing it probably was perth street car.

Cheers Ayden

#132 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

I like what I see! :spoton:

I reckon the door trim design looks great.

Looking forward to seeing the finished photo's.

Cheers Mick.

#133 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Yeah the trims are growing on me now and the girlfriend likes them. She actually has half decent taste she was the one who had the final say on the rims i got and she picked the right ones.

Ayden

#134 _crabby_

_crabby_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

awesome work , looks great
thinking of doing a custom dash like yours

#135 _73LJS_

_73LJS_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

Ayden the car looks absolutely awsome......
I have just spent near enough the last hour or so reading your post from the very beginning and can't wait for the next installment.
It really is hard to picture that this is the same car when you look at the old photos from when you first got it.
Keep up the great work!

#136 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

WOW, Great stuff!

I like the centre console look.

#137 Edk

Edk

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

Yeah one word "WOW"

#138 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

The cars trim should be finished this coming week hopefully they send me some photos through and i will podt them up when they do. So the car will be off getting the exhaust, brake line and catch cans set up done in the next few weeks then its off to the mechanic to be run in.
Hopefully if all goes well (never seems to) the car will be pretty much finished by the time i get back to perth at the end of april

Cheers Ayden

#139 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

Well the car isnt finished yet they had ordered the carpet and it took longer than expected but thats fine. The tilt tray has been booked for wednesday morning for the car to leave the trimmers. I will be getting more pictures sent on wednesday but wont be able to access them for about two weeks im heading back out to sea. But i have some more progress pictures so here here we go

Posted Image

Roof trim cant really see the pattern for the picture
Posted Image

Rear Seat
Posted Image

Posted Image

Door trim
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That should do for now. What do you guys think of it

Cheers ayden

#140 _torriffic_

_torriffic_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

freaking awsum mate.
i want it.... na i want one. hahahah

#141 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Freaking awesome pretty much sums it up Ayden!

Gotta give credit to those trimmers, they do some bloody nice work!

#142 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

WOW! Is all that can be said!

#143 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for all the comments on the car boys. Yeah mello92 i have thanked them alot hey.

Anyways the interior is finished now and all i can say is WOW. There are a few problems none are with the job hey have done. The transport company lost the seat belts when my dad sent them up to be rewebbed they said they dont have a signature so the belts may just be sitting in the warehouse somewhere. And summit sent me the wrong billet window cranks so i have to send them back and wait for the new ones thats it so nothing major just hoping they can locate my belts.

So here are the finished picture well close enough. I love it hey
The boot came up a treat
Posted Image
Posted Image
Not the best picture
Posted Image
Roofling
Posted Image
And the interior
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also got to put my deck in and wire it up but thats a quick job. I can not speak highly enough of trimcare chris and the boys there did an insane job and got everything how i wanted it. One bad thing they said it was the last white interior they are doing haha they also said have fun cleaning it. Thats what i have a girlfriend for though haha.

Hope u guys like it let me know what u think

Cheers Ayden

#144 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

Insane amount of work in that interior.

#145 _patch_

_patch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

#146 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Cheers for the comments guys im over the moon with how it come out. cant wait to see it in the flesh

Ayden

#147 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:31 AM

Very nice.

VERY bright! haha.

Are the seats vinyl or leather?

#148 _Lamo_

_Lamo_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

Looking schmick Ayden. That centre console and dash is awesome.

#149 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Very nice mate id be to scared to sit in it and get it dirty :huh:

#150 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

Yeah mate the seats are leather and most of the other stuff is vinyl it worked out a fair bit cheaper doing it that way instead of using leather on all the little bits.

LJ355 yep thats pretty much how i feel about it as well but im sure i will be driving it after the first two major shows hey then it will just be a weekend car. Having said that everything will be covered in sheets or plastic when its not at shows to try and keep it cleaner for a while
Its a bit out there isnt it
Ayden

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users