- - - - -

76 LX Hatch

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#151 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

Got some good news the other day the seat belts turned up at their warehouse 4 hours drive away from where they should have been but its all good now they are at the trimmers getting rewebbed.
Next week the front and rear screens should be going in, should have been in this week but rare spares forgot to put it on the truck or something. I ordered the last rear hatch screen they had and they arent making anymore so i was lucky there. Apart from that not much will be happening the exhaust will be getting started hopefully by the end of next week as well.

One thing im missing is the front bumper. Anyone in perth have a front rubberless bumper that they wanna sell it will be getting re chromed so the chrome work doesnt consern me?????

Cheers
Ayden

#152 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

Just a quick update today. Still away at the moment im back in perth next week and will be going to see the car and hopefully have some more pictures to put up. Im seriously thinking about slowing down on the car to save for a house and having the car ready for motorvation 2011 which gives me about 8 months. Or focus on the car and have it ready for the hot rod in Aug/Sept. Im guessing i will have to talk to the girlfriend

Anyways here is a link to the cronic custom website where there are some progress pictures
http://www.croniccus...le=AYDEN TORANA

Enjoy Ayden

#153 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

Well finally got some time off work to go and see the car. Im really blow away at how far the car has come and its looking amazing (personal opinion). Also was speaking to adam at cronic and they would like the car at the hot rod show so we will have to see how it goes i guess.
What does everyone think???

Posted Image
Favourite photo
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Dash is out so they can reconnect the oil pressure gauge
Posted Image
Underdash boards really clean it up
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lots of pics sorry

Cheers Ayden

#154 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

That looks amazing, and I have the feeling that in the flesh it would be even better

#155 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

I think its Shit... Fkn Shit hot that is! :D wait that makes no sense... either way I love it

only constructive criticism I can offer is maybe there is too much white in the interior? (everything's white) maybe some black or another color to break it up abit... woulda been cool if those tribal features (or whatever u call em, the funky lines) were orange or something

#156 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Thanks guys
Yeah the white is really full on maybe next time around i will change it up a bit.

Cheers Ayden

#157 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

Flash as Ayden. What's your old man reckon?

#158 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

cheers tony
hahah my old man likes it though thinks it should have an orignal interior and some hotwires but thats cos he old hopefully get him off his ass for motorvation and have both cars up there. You should come aswell
Ayden

#159 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

I'm with your old man. However, I think there's enough grey golfball/slate interior hatchbacks around already...

I could imagine a full white interior with my kid's - not good.

Edited by lx308, 08 May 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#160 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

lol that is pretty full on but I do like it.

Not the most practical interior I've ever seen :P

#161 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't like it.

Don't know if it is just the photos but the Orange colour looks odd to me - is it a pearl or something ? Maybe in the flesh it looks nicer ?

The interior is just not my cup of tea. I like white but this is too much and I hate low back seats - head restraints were developed for a reason and are a very good passive safety device for your neck so I don;t understand why you would run without them.

Like Viper said - Orange tribal bits in the interior would probably bring it alive and change my mind. Add in some black too to match the exterior blackouts and it would be outstanding methinks.

I also think the outisde of the car is pure A9X racer yet the interior is pure ricer and they don't match. (puts flame suit on)

Can't fault the construction or workmanship though

#162 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

While were being picky there is something off in the engine bay too.... I think its the Orange booster, air filter, Heater cover, Wiper motor, block... Same deal too much of one Color me thinks, needs some contrasting... all of them in a gloss black would look mint I reakon

I agree with the headrests as well tho...

Dont get me wrong... I do really love this car and think its awesome just offering some constructive criticism as these are the only points letting an otherwise truely awesome car down.

If you wanted to try some simple things maybe even just a black dash pad and lower dash sections and black arm rests would be enough to break it up a little... I got spares of each of them if you wanted to check it out. But if your happy with it thats all that matters and done mind us.

#163 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

A9X racers don't have billet wheels or autos. It's a showy streeter :P

#164 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

A9X racers don't have billet wheels or autos. It's a showy streeter Posted Image

But they do have flares and blackouts. The LOOK of the car is not affected by the box and wheel size and fit is as much a racer look as the actual type of rim.

#165 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

looking good, only just come across this build, seems alot of torries getting built in perth, cant wait till theyre all done to go cruising, car is coming along very nicely

#166 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

I had a good look at this at Chronic's a fedw weeks back.

The paint is lovely, far nicer in the flesh.

#167 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

Not my cup of tea either as it's a bit auto salon for my tastes, but that crap aside looks like a damn fine job. Good workmanship.

Pity with all the detailing in the engine bay that the bay itself didn't get a smooth out like 2wild4u's engine bay.

Anyway, freakin nice car man!!!!

#168 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

Thanks guys for the honest opinion.
The car with this interior was always gonna have ppl hateing it or loving it. All i wanted to achieve with the interior was something that really hasnt been done before and i think thats been done. I like it. I really think the comment about it being ricer is abit harsh i havent seen any ricer with an interior like this. Maybe just because its white???? a colour shouldnt dictate a style of car.
Head rest were designed for a reason i understand the safety consern about removing them, there are still alot of old cars on the street without them. What about the back seat passengers they dont get head rests in most cars.
The reason the bay isnt as smooth as some cars out there (2wild4u), the car was never meant to go to the level at which it is now. There is nothing stopping me for further smoothing the bay down the track.

This is not meant to sound like im angry or anything im glad u guys are honest.
But the car has been built to the liking of mine and my girlfriends and to my budget. We love the car.

And the paint is pearl its electric orange from the xr5 turbo. The camera i used for those pics made is look really different.

#169 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

I really think the comment about it being ricer is abit harsh i havent seen any ricer with an interior like this. Maybe just because its white???? a colour shouldnt dictate a style of car.

Maybe I should have said Auto-Salon like Tim mentioned. I like it but it needs more colour and I still don't think it really suits the rest of the car.

Head rest were designed for a reason i understand the safety consern about removing them, there are still alot of old cars on the street without them.

Old cars also had drum brakes all round but you wouldn't go without disks now would you ? I personally never feel comfortable driving a car with low back buckets.

Maybe I'm just biased because I like the pseudo racer look with nice Recaros - now that would look horn !!

And the paint is pearl its electric orange from the xr5 turbo. The camera i used for those pics made is look really different.

Cool - it doesn't look like that on my PC - so big thumbs up 'cos that is one of my favourite colours.

#170 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

Here's my two cents, I LOVE the look of your car. It's beautiful. But the interior, to me, is like a tattoo. I like them on other people, but I don't actually want one on me. same with your interior. I would be too scared to sit in it! Human skin, no matter how clean, is oily nasty greasy stuff. I love the job though. Brilliant! :)

#171 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

awesome build cuz
but i am with viper on the engine bay
i think you should have done the engine block black or something to break it up like the interior
but like you say it is your car and $$$ your spending
maybe something to consider when freshen up time comes around?

#172 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

Wow. I bet when you were posting these pics you didn't think it would get so much mixed emotion!!!!

Everyone has their preferences, and if these are yours then you've done an awesome job showing them.

As for the interior, I don't think adding colour would help it. It's the auto salon look. Now I will explain myself.
I don't say auto salon to mean ricer - aka sh1tbox honda CRX with purple interior and airbrush work. There are some seriously nice/tough 6 cylinder and V8 cars that clean up in auto salon, so I by no means use the phrase as an insult. It's a taste thing. I have hot rods and customs in my blood, so anything from the 70s is too new for me : )

If there was any orange bits and pieces in the interior (such as piping in the seats) it would start to look like a shocker from the 80's. As unpractical as the white obviously is, I think it works in this case. (should I be putting on one of your firesuits Ken?????) : )

As for the engine bay, I understand how builds escalate, in regards to your comment about my comment about smoothness. I started a quick respray on my brothers UC hatch, now there's barely an original component left on it. As for the colour coding, again, I think it works. A black block would look like you've borrowed the donk from your mates VK for the weekend. I really like the engine bay. It's bloody schmick. The only things my taste would have me change is to paint the wiper motor orange too so it's not highlighted, and paint the front of the radiator black, as I hate seeing alloy through a black grill.

That's me done : )

Sweet ride, have fun with it and please tell me the bumpers are chrome : )

Edited by dirtbag, 15 May 2010 - 11:43 PM.

#173 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

I really think the comment about it being ricer is abit harsh i havent seen any ricer with an interior like this. Maybe just because its white???? a colour shouldnt dictate a style of car.

Maybe I'm just biased because I like the pseudo racer look with nice Recaros - now that would look horn !!

I would be more concerned that the ADR's on the car require the head rests, but stil very nice.

Edited by TerrA LX, 15 May 2010 - 11:59 PM.

#174 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:19 AM

I would be more concerned that the ADR's on the car require the head rests, but stil very nice.

Yes, you're right about that. But they also say not to have nice big fat wheels too, and who the hell wants that???? : )

#175 _fryzem_

_fryzem_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

mate i reckon its ace!!!!!!
i think half the drama these days is people worry too much about how cars should be and that modifying them in big ways will affect their value. i get told all the time i cant beleive you are ruining a hatchback torana i wouldnt have cut it up and tubbed it etc etc. at the end of the day who cares if you love it thats what matters. personally i like the whole colour code thing this is what brings attention at shows. black is very traditional and makes almost everything look good. i got rid of all the black from mine everything is orange consol and dash included!!! with grey leather interior. i wanted white cause it looks nuts but for a skid car not a good idea. i will be looking out for your car at gazzanats in perth in february mate. i want to see it.
WELL DONE.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users