- - - - -

76 LX Hatch

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#176 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:57 AM

Just for the record, besides the couple of things I pointed out that I would change IF it was my car, I still REALLY love this hatch, I donno what it is exactly about it but everything just looks to be amazing quality

#177 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

I like this car very much, I like that you had a vision of what you wanted and went for it, I like that you had the courage to be an individual and do what you wanted your way and didn't feel the need to do a better then new resto, If I go to a car show I will have a look at a original over resto and move on to look a tastefully done custom with clever and subtle details.
Now if I was building for me it would be roughly original looking A9X but using modern mechanicals for serious performance on twisty back-roads and race track with no consideration to drag racing. But thats because that is what I am into.

#178 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

I bloody love this car and want to see more!!

Do you know what colour base coat they used under the electric orange? I wish i used a Silver or yellow or something brighter than primer putty grey! Oh well lesson learnt on my part!

I met a guy at the drags who painted his Torry electric orange over a red base. It was amazing how much brighter his orange was! I was big time jealous!

#179 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:57 AM

I reckon 2 pack would be a bit brighter too Matt.

a bright silver base would have made it pop heaps more.

#180 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

Yeah, agree... did you run a silver base under the Morpheus on the race car?

#181 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

Nope, just an off white hi-fill.

https://cache.gmh-to...12092009503.jpg

#182 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

Yeah the purple doesn't need it. I would be inclined to just use a white primer at least under something like a yellow/orange/red colour.

#183 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

hey guys just asked the painter today and he said he used an orange under coat before applying the electric orange.
Also the exhaust will be getting started soon so hopefully if all goes well the car should be getting started at the end of the month fingers crosses.
Thanks for the all the comments guys least ur honest

Cheers Ayden

#184 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

Well it looks like the car will be on display at the hot rod and street machine spectacular at the burswood done in late august. The car will have to be entered in the show car section as theres not enough time for rego, so i expect to be out classed alot aw well so long as it there thats the main thing.
The exhaust should be finished next week was meant to be finished by today but the tig welder broke not to worry. So it should be started up early next month hopefully. Mite have some new pictures on sunday just depends on how far along the exhaust is.

Cheers
Ayden

#185 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Good luck at the show. Should be fun finally seeing all the work pay off.

Don't sell yourself or your car short in regards to it being in the show car section, it's definitely no run down daily driver : )

#186 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

Well the car was moved to the mechanic today to be started this week hopefully. the car was on the tilt truck for the journey and i was following it and it caused quite a stir at the petrol station and allow the freeway with alot of ppl taking pictures on phone cameras.
Didnt get a good shot of the exhaust as couldnt be bothered putting it on the hoist again hahaha but i got just some other random shots. The colour in full sun is amazing so bright
Also im still chasing a rubberless front bar????Anyone?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Needs a good clean under here
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy
Ayden

#187 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

That's a sweet lookin ride Ayden, everytime i visit this site and look at all the build threads makes me wish i would pull my finger out and get the house reno's finished (boss said i can't touch the cars till there done).

Mort

#188 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

Excellent hatch mate, will look great with a set of rubberless chromed bars. I really like the wheels you've chosen and the ride height too! poifect. :clappin:

#189 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

As above.. only new rechromed bars will do the build justice.

#190 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,187 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

The windows and the blackouts around them make the whole car, looks great.

#191 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

Wow! That car is perfect!

#192 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

Paint really does look flawless, cant wait to see it in the flesh

#193 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

looks like a top effort inside and out. Credit to you and the guys , Keep the pics coming, hurry up and get the bars done and headlights in :)

Great Work

#194 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

That really is starting to look awsome now that it has seen the light of day.

Can't wait to hear that it is up and running.

#195 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Interesting seeing a Torana hatch all assembled with glass with a light coloured headlining and interior. Quite unique

Loving it anyway, although I think that sticker should be on the back window not hidden behind the A9X scoop!

#196 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for all the comments guys. Yeah new chrome bumpers will make the car complete thats why im running around looking for the front one still, i already have a new rear to go on. The mechanic has said he will only want to have the car there for a week (cant blame him) then it will be coming home for the first time in a long time. I will be be wiring up the stereo, fitting the lights and the rear bumper and the wiper assy. cant wait just to have it in my garage again haha,
Heath i only just realised that the sticker is hidden by the scoop hahha i didnt put it on.

Cheers Ayden

#197 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

Aw i expected problems with the car when it first got started but not like this! First of all someone had screwed around with all the leads putting them on the wrong spark plugs why i have no idea. Then went to start the engine, not enough power from a optima battery??? i think not was a crappy earth fixed that. No spark!!!! MSD 6-AL was broken it was brand new never used, bought a new control box and its been fired up now runs fine. But now the gearbox doesnt wanna select reverse!!! the manual valve body was screwed so now thats ooff getting fixed with any luck i will have it back this week.
The MSD Ignition annoyed me the most. Called the place i bought it from they said about 1 in 20 sold have something wrong with them. i dunno but as a customer those stats jsut dont seem to good. should have gone with the aussie made product.

Cheers
Ayden

#198 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Yea I wish I went with ICE ignition... Chin up bud, goto expect a few little problems, if it all went 100% smoothly then your probly asleep dreaming :)

Least its all smallish stuff.

Getting close now.

#199 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

coming along nicely, nothing better than seeing it at a satge like that

#200 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Heres a few shots of the exhaust (the floor dirty and need to be repainted in some spots)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As its sits now waiting for the manual valve body to be delivered. They have said tomorro fingers crossed
Posted Image

Ayden

Edited by LX77SL, 23 July 2010 - 05:52 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users