- - - - -

76 LX Hatch

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#201 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Finally after ages looking for one i picked this up on saturday. Fresh chrome is soooo nice
Posted Image

Ayden

#202 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

Ayden,

Man this thing has come a long way now, it's looking fantastic. Your hatchback in stock trim before you started the rebuild looks so much like mine it's not funny. Hopefully one day mine will become a head turner like this one too.

Keen to see pics with the new bars fitted up, that chrome will look killer with your paintjob.

Keep up the good work.

PS. I'm a fan of the interior too, really different and stand-out.

#203 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

I love fresh chrome!!! I'm so jealous!

#204 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

chrome, chrome is good

#205 _BlownUC202_

_BlownUC202_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:25 PM

nice mate who would of thought back when we were in school and i had my bunky vk and u had the 4 door that you would end up with something this nice. Im gonna put a lot more effort into my uc now so one day it can compete against ur hatch in car shows :)

#206 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

For sure jason get that thing ready when you think it will be finished by? Its funny to think about the cars we had at school wasnt really that long ago. Anyways the car now has the bumpers on and all the lights etc. Its off on friday to the trimmers for a clean and a few more things i want done. And then to be buffed and its finished for the show.

#207 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:46 PM

look forward to seeing it in the flesh, will have mine there aswell

#208 _BlownUC202_

_BlownUC202_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

Dunno when its gonna be ready you remember rob alteri? well hoping to have it done for his wedding next march. I still wish i had my vk ay actually ont the look out for a nice v8 as a daily once ive sold my other 2 cars.

#209 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

haha yeah man i remember rob damn hes getting married.....lucky guy i guess haha.

Sweet as 2WILD4U come over and say hi i will be at the show both days around the cronic customs trade display i will be the younger guy standing around.
Anyways heres a few more pictures before the show, i will get better photos once the car is all under lights and everything
This is when i got it back so i had to take a photo with the LJ as well
Posted Image

While i had the car i did a bit of polishing on the carby it came up really good sorry for the bad pic though.
Posted Image

The bumper isnt sitting properly either in the picture so thats why its not straight
Posted Image

Now i did all the stereo myself after being quoted $600 to do it, turned out to be a massive job but it really good to see it all working now and i must admit its a really nice sounding system the best i have ever installed before.
Posted Image

Just before it went to the trimmers today. Colour looks awesome in the sun
Posted Image

Cheers
Ayden

#210 _BlownUC202_

_BlownUC202_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Very nice mate really wish i could be home for the show and see in up close but have to work damit.

#211 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

Which show are you taking the car too?

Oh and where did you get those rocker covers?

Lookin mint mate...

#212 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hey clint the car is going to the hot rod and street machine spectacular on the 28th and 29th of august at the burswood dome. You should come down i have already payed the entry fee and organised the lights etc only thing left to do it get a boardmade up with info about the car.
I got the rockers from aussie muscle parts and then had them cermanic coated at CIC in kelmscott
Cheers
Ayden

#213 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

One last pic before the show. This was taken at the painters where its getting buffed yesterday and today.
Posted Image

The whitewalls wont be everyones cup of tea but meh.(tyres need to be shined again now) Hhaha the trimmers hate me they spent 6 hours detailing and cleaning it but they did a wonderful job.
All thats left is tommorro heading up to cronic customs to give it a good polish and clean everything before the show on saturday. If anyone is coming to the hot rod show come over and say hi

Cheers Ayden

#214 _LXJET_

_LXJET_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for that.. now I have a hard on at work and cant stand up.. haha.. all jokes aside.. one of the sexiest Torana's going around. Good job.

#215 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

Make sure you get some pro quality shots of the car when it is at the show. Sounds like it will be beautifully presented!

#216 _BlownUC202_

_BlownUC202_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

Ill be taking my camera to the show so ill get some good shots

#217 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

cheers guys. Your coming sunday right jason?

Ayden

#218 _BlownUC202_

_BlownUC202_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

yeh ill be there sunday mate.

#219 SmacT

SmacT

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Car:LX 4dr 383, TKX, BW

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

I know the white interior polarises people's opinion, but it really makes you look twice when the car is sitting there, doors closed. The pure white shining out of that wicked hatch body makes for another reason to stop and look at it at a car show in my opinion. Seeing as that's what it was built for, then good job!

Wicked hatch

#220 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hi Ayden

I am not a show car kinda guy but I do love the look of your car, I like that it sort looks stock but isn't, it really stands out but does it by being subtle apart from the white interior which I really like. well done a car you can truly be proud of.
might I suggest that the top of the doors, inside be done in white as well the orange paint doesn't look quite finished to me. but as I said too effort

#221 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

might I suggest that the top of the doors, inside be done in white as well the orange paint doesn't look quite finished to me. but as I said too effort

Yeah I noticed that too - because the rear window 'frames' are white it makes that strip of orange stand out like dogs balls. It doesn't seem to match anything so I would suggest painting it or trimming it to match the rear.

Looks bloody awesome though - would love to see it in the flesh to get a better idea of the colour - I don't think photos and PC monitors are doing it justice.

#222 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

Im pretty sure ill make it down, just not sure what day yet

#223 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Yeah the orange strip on the door does look out of place i was gonna get the back window sill(?????) painted orange but didnt know where to stop without it looking wierd. It will be fixed for the next show however because im sure it will need to be cleaned at the trimmers again before haha.
Make sure u come over and say hi clint.
Im just sitting around home atm waiting for the car to be delivered to the dome around 3ish then its gonna need another polish and clean up hahha seems like its a never ending story
Hope to see a few guys from here there.

Ayden

#224 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

Saw the beast at the Hotrod show today :D Looks absolutely mint, Didnt get a chance to catch up with Aydan tho, I looked around for ya then asked one of the blokes in the Cronic tent and they said ya had just left for dinner :/ Oh well, next time Im sure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#225 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

That looks more awesome than awesome in those photos - top job - really can't wait to see this in the flesh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users