• Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

looks a million bucks. video time...Posted Image

#102 _pacey1977_

_pacey1977_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:16 PM

looks a million bucks. video time...Posted Image

hi craig what numbers has your new engine run or what do you think its going to run am building a new engine with bit bigger cam then you and also running 45mm weber carbys aslo can you give me the place where you got your sump made cheers looks mad buddy

#103 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the kind comments.

Sump came from:

Australian Specialty Racecraft
2/43 Dingley Ave
Dandenong
VIC 3175
JOHN POTTER
(03) 8774 0343 Ph
(03) 8772 2457 Fax

Haven't really given it a big rev yet but my expectation is a mid-13 on street tyres which will make me happy.

Ran 14.2 @ 96mph with the old engine which wasn't as well sorted as this version.

#104 _oldjohnno_

_oldjohnno_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

An absolutely drop-dead gorgeous car. I'm envious..

#105 _pacey1977_

_pacey1977_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:28 AM

Sump came from:

2/43 Dingley Ave
Dandenong
VIC 3175
JOHN POTTER
(03) 8774 0343 Ph
(03) 8772 2457 Fax

Haven't really given it a big rev yet but my expectation is a mid-13 on street tyres which will make me happy.

Ran 14.2 @ 96mph with the old engine which wasn't as well sorted as this version.

thanks heaps buddy I hope to run the same time's am using a comp cam Cam: gross valve life .556
duration @50 is 261 soild cam so if i make the same power as you it will be mad do you have any hp reading from a dyno.

very nice car buddy thanks for the info

have a good day.

regards
pacey

#106 lc2dr

lc2dr

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Name:Jeff
  • Car:LC 2dr

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Awesome looking car Craig - top job! :spoton:

Would you have any photos of the mods to the floor, etc to fit the extractors? I'm thinking of fitting the same and am curious as to how much the floor needs to be modded. Would prefer to do it whilst doing rust repairs if possible....

Cheers,
Jeff

#107 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hi Jeff, we removed most of the corner of the passenger floor that protrudes near the subframe mounting point. There is a picture below and while it looks like too much clearance I was trying to avoid any issues of the floor getting hot. I've been in plenty of cars that have had extractors fitted and the carpet has melted from radiant heat.

Posted Image

You could use the method we did; that was to fit the engine and then the headers, marking where they foul. We then used a small cut off wheel to removed the area we'd marked. This was done from inside the car. Once happy it was welded, seam sealed, and body shutzed.

I also needed to slightly mod the trailing edge of the engine mount.

There's some other threads regards Weber's so I thought I'd stick up some closer pictures of the throttle set up. Linkage kit from Pentastar, throttle cable from Jegs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by CraigA, 16 February 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#108 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:02 AM

I can vouch for the quality of the Penastar brass arms (they hold their positions without resorting to violence) , but from memory, the little tie rod ends that the rod goes through (a bit too intoxicated to remember what they are called) are pressed Redline units.

Not exactly impressed with them, if I knew about this beforehand I would have got something decent from the local Rural supplies shop.

And the adjustable links are Redline units too...? Fairly sloppy little buggers.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, please.

BTW Craig, Im sure that there are many fellas (myself included), and ladies, who would love to have a car of that standard. :clap:

A very big 'well done' to you!!

#109 _beergut_

_beergut_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

Sump came from:

2/43 Dingley Ave
Dandenong
VIC 3175
JOHN POTTER
(03) 8774 0343 Ph
(03) 8772 2457 Fax

jesus that's charger and fraud phase 3 terrority lol

#110 _EFI-GTR_

_EFI-GTR_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

maaad car mate!!! any hp figures???

#111 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

Thanks. Not yet but hopefully 260 or so at the flywheel.

#112 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

I was considering putting an Autometer tacho with shift light in the car but didn't want to affect the factory interior look.

Discovered a perfect product on eBay the other day and fitted it tonight. Its the Ecliptech Shift-i a programmable shift light with an upper and lower setting so I can preset a staging rpm range and a shift reminder.

Anyone used or seen these before?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#113 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:19 AM

They actually look really good.

Got a link? The purple car could probably use one.

#114 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

Hi Chris, try here

http://www.ecliptech.com.au/

Purple car looks real tough. Posted Image

#115 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:37 AM

Why haven't I looked at this thread until now? Craig you have such a nice car, Will it be a Toranafest this year? If so I look forward to seeing it there.

#116 lc2dr

lc2dr

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Name:Jeff
  • Car:LC 2dr

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hi Jeff, we removed most of the corner of the passenger floor that protrudes near the subframe mounting point. There is a picture below and while it looks like too much clearance I was trying to avoid any issues of the floor getting hot. I've been in plenty of cars that have had extractors fitted and the carpet has melted from radiant heat.

You could use the method we did; that was to fit the engine and then the headers, marking where they foul. We then used a small cut off wheel to removed the area we'd marked. This was done from inside the car. Once happy it was welded, seam sealed, and body shutzed.

I also needed to slightly mod the trailing edge of the engine mount.

There's some other threads regards Weber's so I thought I'd stick up some closer pictures of the throttle set up. Linkage kit from Pentastar, throttle cable from Jegs.

Thanks for the pics and the information Craig. Looks like I'll need to wait until I get the engine back in to cut the right spot...

Cheers,
Jeff

#117 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

No problem Jeff.

And yes Peter, I'll be at Toranafest this year. Didn't get there last year because the old engine was dead at that time.

Thanks for your (and others) comments but the car is no show stopper, its a 10 metre car that gets used hard. I'm pretty certain that's what Harry Firth designed them for, rather than being considered too precious or 'worth too much'.

#118 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

That is exactly the reason why I like the car, it is a car that gets used and gets used hard :spoton:

#119 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Name:Blake

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

Well done on your efforts towards the car Craig, looks tops. As i once read " Muscle cars were meant to be driven, and not hidden", this is a clear example of a tuff aussie muscle car that gets pulled out of the shed and driven hard. well done mate, hope ya get some gould times down the 1/4 mile, cheers

Blakey

#120 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

Got the car out and about yesterday and today. Trying to get some miles up on the new engine.

Bloody hot in Sydney (especially today) but car didn't get over 185 deg F and ran fine EXCEPT yesterday when it popped and farted and stopped. Turned out that three spark plug leads came out at the dizzy cap side. Pushed them back in and off it went.

Here's a quick video of it on the freeway. MCH11N you can hear the sound of the air filters - to me its only a little less than what it was with open ram tubes.

Edited by CraigA, 21 February 2010 - 08:36 PM.

#121 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

And check out the latest copy of Australian Classic Car. My car is in an ad for a fuel stabiliser product.

A guy posted a request on the forum for a photo and this is where it ended up :P

Posted Image

Edited by CraigA, 21 February 2010 - 08:55 PM.

#122 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:53 AM

Nice :)

#123 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

<br />If those things don't turn out to be massively restrictive I'll eat them..<br />

<br /><br /><br />

John, Did you ever end up trying these filters? I mean on a car and not eating them!!

#124 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Back at the drags last weekend with the NSW Muscle Car Association.

We did over 20 runs most with full slicks and best of 13.8 seconds and 101.7 mph but got bored in the afternoon and put the stockies back on. My brother drove and first run out spun the wheels through the first two gears and into third. Car was everywhere. And then this - a 13.548 @ 100.05mph.

Best time the car has ever run and with 175/70/13 stockies with 32psi!! :wtf:

Edited by CraigA, 05 May 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#125 caterham2

caterham2

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Location:Mansfield North East Victoria not the other one in QLD
  • Car:Ford Focus RS AWD Gone over to the dark side .. Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Ford Cortina 2 door MK1 Twin Cam

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

if your after some heat shield go to the wreckers and look for a newer model falcon, a six cylinder one, they have then and wreckers will probs only want $10 for them, thats what i got on mine. that stuff works a treat aye :spoton:

cheers kevin

Kevin, you are right , the Falcon uses this heat shielding HOWEVER it is a "thermoset " material, when you buy a NEW piece in a box it is cuttable with scissors and you can bend it with your fingers anywhere you want, once used and "cooked" sets nice and hard to the shape you created when first fitted. Impossible to rework as easily as a new piece. Chances of a Falcon piece fitting a Holden 6 cylinder with carbs and pipes on same side of head ( Falcon is X flow and injected) nil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users