* * * * * 1 votes

Fixing my brothers UC hatch

• Please log in to reply
1690 replies to this topic

#851 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

did you get the front & rear bars done also ???

No, the bars will be chrome.

Andy, power rack is a modified subaru one.

#852 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

I am trial fitting a Subaru rack tonight.

#853 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

ooooOOOOooooh! shiny bits!! :spoton:

#854 _sjohnst7_

_sjohnst7_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

ls2lx, how did the Sube rack install go?

#855 _uncleian_

_uncleian_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

So glad my new brother is so talented.

Cant wait for him to start on my car.................................LUB YA BRO.

#856 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

ls2lx, how did the Sube rack install go?

Fail.

Pics here.

#857 _jay79_

_jay79_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

The wheels on the hatch in your link are they the ones your trying to hide?

#858 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

Which link?

#859 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Jason, do you mean the link that ls2lx posted? If so, then no they're not the wheels, as that's a totally different car. I still think Andy should give it to me though : )

#860 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

So come on Tim - wheres the colour - I'm hanging out to see it in all its glory

#861 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Dirtbag, what is the reason for you not painting this fine vehicle? Why leave it to unreliable spraypainters? ( sorry if I offend any spraypainters out there...... But you all know you are :) )

#862 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

Hi Kush. The main reason I'm not painting the car is because I am extremely lazy : )

Plus I know the painter and he does great work and has a booth. My shed is a bit too dirty for doing 2pac.

Hope to see some colour this week.

#863 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi Kush. The main reason I'm not painting the car is because I am extremely lazy : )

Plus I know the painter and he does great work and has a booth. My shed is a bit too dirty for doing 2pac.

Mate I have trouble finding you extremely lazy - far from it in my book, the lengths you are going to with this build are second to none.

As for 2 pac and a dusty shed, yeah, I can well understand you not doing it for that reason :)

Cheers
Herne

#864 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Lazy prick, you should have had this car done months ago! :wedgie:

lol.

Bet you are itching to see some colour on those baby bum-smooth panels!

#865 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

Well fellow forum readers I have an update of my own on this car, the bumpers will be painted after all, I have an airosol can and will be "doing the job" myself when Mr dirt isn't looking, also I will use spy cam to get some photos of this top secret build including colour and what wheels it will be running. Stay tunned possums and watch this space,

secret agent cruiza

#866 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

About bloody time! I'm sick of waiting! Go go gadget cruiza! If you pull this off, I'm voting for you at the federal election. I promise :)

#867 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Yes, I'll vote for your feral erection too Posted Image

I'm not totally against painted bumpers. I think Dodge Vipers look pretty good with painted bumpers.

#868 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Don't forget the Audi R8, they look ok with painted bumpers :) oh I'm sorry, I thought this was the millionaires club. :) im off to drive my hartge M5. ( that means sleep ) zzzzzzzzz

#869 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

Don't forget the Audi R8, they look ok with painted bumpers Posted Image oh I'm sorry, I thought this was the millionaires club. Posted Image im off to drive my hartge M5. ( that means sleep ) zzzzzzzzz

hahaha, millionaires club........mmmmmm......millions...... man, I hate being a poor ass : ) Yeah, I'd certainly take a V8 Audi R8 manual wagon off someones hands Posted Image

#870 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:21 AM

Well fellow forum readers I have an update of my own on this car, the bumpers will be painted after all, I have an airosol can and will be "doing the job" myself when Mr dirt isn't looking, also I will use spy cam to get some photos of this top secret build including colour and what wheels it will be running. Stay tunned possums and watch this space,

secret agent cruiza

Hahah nice one secret agent cruiza man :lol:

Hey Tim where abouts is thermal edge coatings located? and was the final bill not too steep? i have a set of fork sliders on a bike im rebuilding at the moment and was thinking of using that style of coating on them..they are alloy and i did polish them the first time round but bugga that this time round..too much work and to top it off one of the sliders developed a pin hole leak in the casting so i had to buy another set and start again, can PM me the info if ya want.

Cheers.

#871 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

Audi R8 Wagon :blink2: , when did I miss this new model from Audi, Audi R8 shooting brake FTW

#872 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

Audi R8 Wagon :blink2: , when did I miss this new model from Audi, Audi R8 shooting brake FTW

yeah I didn't say anything....... I didn't want to confuse the old fella :)

Edited by Kush, 28 May 2010 - 01:45 PM.

#873 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

yeah I didn't say anything....... I didn't want to confuse the old fella :)

Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean I wouldn't have one. The R8 looks too much like a TT, which is gay. A wagon would be much less hair dresser looking as you could fit a doberman on top of the motor : )

If you haven't clued on to how stupid I am by now then you're probably dumber than me :Headbang2:

#874 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Oi Tim, is this the place you got your exhaust and hinges done at? http://www.thermaledgecoating.com.au/ i asked you further back in the thread but you must have missed it..:tease:

#875 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Sorry Aido, I didn't mean to snob you. Yes, that's the place. The guy I dealt with is Paul, and they did a great job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users