MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, but the orange ones get into Street Machine!

So Matt, does this mean I can get this thing a full feature in Street Machine when it's finished? It'll actually be a "street" machine though, so that'll be unusual :badabing:

When its done, I'll see what i can do. I reckon it'll be a bloody good chance!

#952 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, but the orange ones get into Street Machine!

Yeah I saw that photo Matt. Good onya. Was that taken at the drag day? Cos it looked like Heathcote but I don't remember the 'UBSLOW' panel van being there.

Actually I'm not convinced that 'My Brother's UC Hatch' is actually orange. All those photoshopped images have messed with my brain a bit.

#953 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

Woot! i picked orange the moment i saw the first pic..what do i WIN!..now show us the wheels dammit. :joystick:

#954 _gtsgeoff_

_gtsgeoff_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:40 AM

hey dirty

you know you need a hobby cuz u have too much time on your hands.

are u comming to Nats this year? I am trying to convince your bro to go with the toooooooooooorana....

Hey did you know i repainted my bike. you taught me everything i know master.

Did Katt send you the photos of Ember?

regards

your manly apprentice who likes it rough.

#955 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hahaha Geoff : ) You still crack me up.

As for us coming to the Nats, I don't think so. Lisa can't get holidays at that time of year for some unknown reason. Stupid Government!!!

Simey should take the torrie if he wants to, but I understand if he doesn't. There's so many toss cocks that go there I'd be nervous about my car getting damaged. I'd probably go for the 4 days, but only take the car during the day as most of the wankers get out of control at night time.

I don't think I've seen pics of Ember. Make sure to send some through. I hope Ember is doing well. And Kat for that matter.

You should post a pic of the bike in here. I'd love to see some of your handy work that doesn't involve self tapper screws : )

I love you balls Geoffrey : ) hahahaha

#956 _FR Drew_

_FR Drew_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

Better love me too dirtboy! Torrie is sweet. Love the orange. Bucketloads better than that busted arse plane you painted! Blotchey and mottled with bullet holes all over it. But hey, I left there and I start a new job on Tuesday!

#957 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

That's awesome news Mr Drew. Well, I hope it is. Do you like the new job? I'm glad to hear you're out of the other place though, sounds like it's gone to hell since I left : )

As for the planes I painted, I'm proud as punch for doing those, blotchyness and bullet holes just add character to world warII bombers : )

#958 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

C'mon Dirtbag, stop playing with them and reveal the real colour......

#959 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

You're right Yella, it's time I stopped kidding around.

This next pic is the colour. There is even a REAL clue so you can figure out that it is. No more photoshop.

Posted Image

#960 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

And here you were saying you didn't want a colour that stood out too much!

I guess the fact that it changes colour would throw people off though...

#961 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

Bwahahahaha, your a classic. Your dad and brother sound scarey though.

#962 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

I bet he paints it yellow.

#963 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

I guess if i had a degree in photochop then i might be enjoying this now...

Stop teasing!

#964 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

I love it, now for the purple polka-dots!!!

#965 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

You sir are a DIRTBAG !!

The final real colour better be worth the waiting, the suspense and the tormenting or else ...........

#966 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

The real colour is orange! He is trying to stir shit! LOL

#967 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:25 PM

yeah i thought orange was the colour...
mmmmmmmm

#968 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

Lambo orange is a very nice colour I reckon

#969 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

Matt you have no idea what you're talking about! As if I would ever try to stir shit. I'm deeply hurt by that. NOT : ) hhahaha

Well today I finally had a chance to get back to the power steering rack and trying to make it fit.

I was a little short of pipe after modifying the LS3 oil pick up, so I chopped the old commodore one up to get the last bend I needed.

Once it was all tacked together I took it back off and oxy welded it all together. I like oxy much more than mig for things like this as it's a lot neater, doesn't add as much metal and seals a lot better.

After that I did another trial fit to make sure it still lined up.

After finding that it still fitted I took it back off, sealed off the pick up end and filled it with metho. Don't use water to find pinhole leaks, as the smallest water droplet still wont fit through a tiny pin hole.

The next step was to cut the sump. Again. I took out what I needed to on the drivers side to clear the new rack, and took out what I had to on the left side to fit the new oil pick up. The joys of modifying cars : )

Another trial fit to make sure there was enough cut out and that the cut was in the right place. Well it can't be too far off, as it now all fits.

To make a bit more space for the rack and the oil lines I removed some of the centre section of the sump where it hangs down. This will be replaced with a flat section, giving the required room.

I started making the new pieces that will be welded into the sump. I couldn't finish making the new piece that covers the oil pick up as my sheet metal folder broke trying to bend it. Great! At least it broke after I made the piece I needed the most where the rack used to hit.

Anyway, I taped the 2 pieces I had into position and did another trial fit just to make sure the new pieces were the right shape. It looks like it might actually work!!!!!

I took a trip to the paint shop today to see how the smaller bits and pieces were coming along.

It's all looking really good. The headlight mounts, headlight buckets, brake booster, heater box, engine covers, inside the front guards and nose cone, front spoiler, intake pipe, B pillar vents and the plate from the steering column that bolts to the firewall all got painted and cleared today.

I couldn't decide on a colour after all the comotion it's caused.

See!!!! I told you I wasn't a stirrer. There's just too many colours to choose from.............. :rockon:

#970 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

The M&M Torana!!!

#971 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

mmmmm........M&Ms............

#972 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

Ooo good tip about the metho.... I modified a oil pickup once and I blocked off the end with my thumb and stuck it in a bucket of water and blew into the other end and looked for bubbles... Would that of been good enough or should I of used compressed air? (or is metho better)

Altho seemed to work as the motor is still going till this day :)

#973 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Problem is with all the colour changing no one is ever going to believe what colour it is even when ya do say it is the 'real' colour hahahahaha !!! Only those who actually see it will know......Ahhh the Dirtbag who cried wolf....Posted Image

#974 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

Problem is with all the colour changing no one is ever going to believe what colour it is even when ya do say it is the 'real' colour hahahahaha !!! Only those who actually see it will know......Ahhh the Dirtbag who cried wolf....Posted Image

Sounds fair to me. If it were mine it would be all black and chrome, but I think the multi coloured look will catch on : ) Like a lego car hahaha

As for the real colour, well, it's no secret, I'm just amused easily : )

As for using water to check for leaks, I have used it before on fuel necks and oil pick ups, as I have a range of corks that I can use to block one end off, then I have a tapered rubber cone thingy that I made so I can stick the compressor onto to pressurise it. I only go to 10 psi though on things that aren't under pressure when in use.

Having said that, metho or thinners is a lot easier.

#975 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:08 AM

Looks like a mcdonalds jungle-gym in there :) where's ronald??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users