• Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

He wouldn't wanna stack it!

#1152 _A9XOSS_

_A9XOSS_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image bet your bro can't wait to do this Posted Image.
simply a top shelf job mate, i will get a bib before i look at this post next time.

Edited by A9XOSS, 14 July 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#1153 _doogs_

_doogs_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

Classic cars have chrome bumpers. Honda CRXs have painted bumpers. The end Posted Image

F**king Oath !!! Words of truth. :spoton:

Looking great, the smooth look under the bonnet is grouse. Can't wait to see more pics of it assembled.

#1154 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Thanks a lot guys. It's great hearing your feedback, especially the positive feedback : )

The wheels are 15x8 front and 15x10 rear. Rear tyres are yokohama 285/40/15. Nice looking tyre. Big square edges and tread like a sprint car : )

Yeah, handing this car over will be hard, I think I might even cry a bit......

Edited by dirtbag, 14 July 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#1155 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Didn't do much on the car today. Bought a couple of exciting things, like oil filter, extractor gaskets, bundy tube for the return line etc. All the fun stuff : )

I did however get a couple of bits together so I could fit a headlight and see how it looks in the engine bay now it's painted.

I mounted the mounting plate to the car, mounted the mounting ring to the headlight, then fitted the headlight bucket and finally mounted the headlight into that.

Bit of mucking around, but I really like the minimalistic look of it with no wires or anything. And yes smartasses it is all hooked up : ) I have to get in quick with you lot hahaha.

I know it looks like it's touching the cap for the squirters in this pic, but it isn't. Just a bad angle. (bad photographer more like it)

#1156 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

Love it!

Those wheels look sweet too. Shame we had to wait so long- Grrr.

This is making my car look even worse...

#1157 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

You've made it very hard, but I've finally found something to pick on you about, Tim............ Why does that edge on the cover plate ( inner side ) not match the angle of that line on the radiator support? Or even butt up to it? Can you see it? It's annoying me, please fix it immediately!

#1158 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

Love it!

Those wheels look sweet too. Shame we had to wait so long- Grrr.

This is making my car look even worse...

Hahaha. Don't ever compare what you have against others. There's always someone with something better and that makes you sad : )

Hell, at least you have a torana. I only have a couple of f'ing dak daks!!!!! hahaha Posted Image

You've made it very hard, but I've finally found something to pick on you about, Tim............ Why does that edge on the cover plate ( inner side ) not match the angle of that line on the radiator support? Or even butt up to it? Can you see it? It's annoying me, please fix it immediately!

Ohhhh.....GOOD! I'm glad you noticed. I'm glad it annoys you. BWAHAAHAAAHAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

#1159 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

Jerk!

I'm blowing a massive rasberry at you with lots of spit going everywhere........... And it's your fault I just spilt my beer! Grr!

#1160 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hahaaha. I assume you got spit in your beer too Posted Image

mmmm..........beer'n'spit.........

#1161 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

....................................................paint the damn K-frame

#1162 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

dirtbag: "Hahaha. Don't ever compare what you have against others. There's always someone with something better and that makes you sad : )

Hell, at least you have a torana. I only have a couple of f'ing dak daks!!!!! hahaha"

Yeah, but now it seems like EVERYONE has something better than mine.:cry:

Hmmm, don't suppose you've thought of a holiday to Adelaide? Got some panels to touch up...:blush:

And my engine bay looks more like a chicken coop now. I thought it was just dirty before.:blink:

Love those plates behind the lights. (Even if they don't fit 100%):tomaatit:

Getting there. *going back to ebay etc. looking for more bits...*

#1163 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

chrome bumbers and chrome door handles you are just ruining it Paint them immediately!

#1164 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

How can chrome bumpers be ruining it? It doesn' even have any bumpers on it : )

#1165 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

God damb ricers.

#1166 _Torrie_Man_

_Torrie_Man_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

Colour coded bumpers for the win!

#1167 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

Your car looks great with colour coded bumpers Johnno.

So I've decided to colour code the bumpers on the hatch.

I'm going to colour code them to match the door handles : )

heehehehhe Posted Image

#1168 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Legend.

#1169 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

Your car looks great with colour coded bumpers Johnno.

So I've decided to colour code the bumpers on the hatch.

I'm going to colour code them to match the door handles : )

heehehehhe Posted Image

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Brilliant! :)

#1170 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Who would have thought a UC could look this fanfarkintastic !! LS1 power to boot..Noice. Top wheels /engine/paint(although i would have went all black) yay yay yay !! DO NOT PAINT THEM DAMN BUMPERS ! I will fly ova there with a spray pack in chrome at midnight n paint em back...Posted Image

#1171 _lxss5l_

_lxss5l_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

Looks absolutely brilliant tim I love it it's certainly one of a kind. I like the deletion of the key locks You probably alredy mentioned it but I was just wondering how you lock it will it just have remote keyless entry? And those wheels realy look ace on it the rears look like thay'd have a good 6" dish if you don't mind me asking, what is the offset of the wheels.

#1172 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,363 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

There is an article in the tech section about central locking. The pictures in the doors are from my car, which has shaved door locks too. Obviously there are a number of ways of doing it but that could get ya started with an idea

#1173 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

I'm just going to fit a universal remote central locking kit the same as what's in my hilux. It seems to be a good unit and easy to fit.

The hatch still has its lock though just in case the battery goes flat he can crawl through from the back.

#1174 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

Looking good. Those wheels really suit the car. Wow. This car and Black Dice I reckon should both be feature cars in Street Machine

#1175 _dirtbag_

_dirtbag_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

Finally got back to the hatch again today.

For those that have asked how the crossmember can come out now that I've reskinned the chassis rails, well this is how : )

Posted Image

Also got the steering arms back on after sending them away to get reamed to suit the subaru power rack.

It's such a crap design having to pull the calipers and rotors off to do the steering arms : (

Posted Image

Whoops, something fell off!! Don't worry about these pics making things look bent, like the nosecone in this next pic. It's just a wide angle lense.

Posted Image

After a heap of wire wheel action.

Posted Image

It got some engine enamel and 2 pac clear, just like how I did the motor. Cheap and easy : ) Shiny too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fitted an new clutch slave/throw out bearing.

Posted Image

It's funny how much better it looks with out the old dirty crossmember.

Posted Image

I refitted the sump too, which wasn't as straight forward as it should have been. The guy who welded the new bits in had them a couple of mm out from where I told him to weld them, meaning it wouldn't pull down properly and was off to one side a smidge. After some mucking about with crank scraper bolts and the oil pick up I finally got it on.

Posted Image

I then gave the outside a coat of POR15, just to cover all the welds.

Posted Image

Well once the crossmember is dry I can start getting it all together. I'm going to machine up a clutch aligning tool and then have to make a front bumper thingy that I can use the engine crane on to lift the body enough to get the front end/motor/gearbox underneath. Fun times!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users