I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

The Ford Forums are having their drag day on Sat, and they are running cars down the strip tonight as well.

Doogs and I, with some other mates, will be heading up this evening and sleeping on site I think. We'll be with a Polar White XB GT sedan, plates XB-674, if you see me out and about taking photos or talking shit say hi if you recognize my ugly mug

Anyway should be an awesome session, about 70 cars, quite a few quick ones, prize money for this and that.

Give me a call if you wanna meet up, 0421 770 110 (Heath), can't remember if we get reception up there though lol

#2 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

beaut, now we can all send you dirty text msgs

#3 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:23 AM

^ LOL

#4 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

I'm pretty bored and half considering it.. He'd shit himself he would have no idea whats going on.. hahahaha

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

lol one time Makka & Matt put my number down for some club's sms-mailing list and it took me like six months to figure out what was going on :P

Weekend was awesome, heaps of nice cars, a few laughable ones too but that's what ya get on a Ford forum. Well over 10 cars from interstate too, bloody awesome.

#6 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Did you race Heath? How'd you go?

#7 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

lol no I didn't race, not gonna put a slow Torana against a bunch of fast Falcons. I'm not even on the FordForums either, I just went up there to look at cars and drink beer, and you know how Fords need pit crews etc... lol

~235kW atw, 351, CHI 3Vs, Toppie, 3.0:1 Trutrak 9"
mid 14s on pump fuel, high 14s on bbq fuel, around the 100mph mark. Rear end gears let it down a lot on the strip obviously but hey cruising up the highway just ticking over with a camper trailer on the back and full of people and gear, can't go wrong. Definitely no trailer queen (yes I realise it has a trailer...)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

Oh that would have been so much fun! Wish we could get those sort of numbers and be able to hire the track out and camp!

#9 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

come to sydney! haha, we have bigger numbers, not sure you would want to camp next to the tip though!

#10 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Well, Heaths number came in handy, I think I got him a little worried for a minute there, some bloke who found his number on a toilet wall, was coming to his house at 8pm to procure his "services" for the night and maybe his girlfriends too if she was keen! hahaha.

#11 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Looks like awesome fun mate. It looks a fair bit greener than when we were there a month or so ago.

I dunno why we can't seem to get the numbers for something like that, cos I'm sure there's enough Toranas floating around. When you think about the fantastic turnout on the last Maroondah Dam cruise.

#12 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Well, Heaths number came in handy, I think I got him a little worried for a minute there, some bloke who found his number on a toilet wall, was coming to his house at 8pm to procure his "services" for the night and maybe his girlfriends too if she was keen! hahaha.

ha ha ha nice one! :rockon:

#13 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

lol I was pretty un-worried until you told me what my address was :P

And there are a hell of a lot more Fords than there are Toranas. But people on here were more proactive and everyone grouped together, it would work awesomely. I'm not hugely into drag racing but I am down for anything that involves lots of Toranas basically, and an event like this isn't super expensive either.

It would be easier again if we would just link with another group. Regardless of whether we ever have anything like that ourselves, I can confirm that it was Posted Image sick; heaps better than our drag days, although our first was quite awesome.

#14 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hey Heath...how good would it be my UC V the XB :D:D ...they run pretty close numbers, be a great run! Looked like a great day anyways...lol whats with the tent btw? Just a luxury?

#15 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

May as well be comfortable.

Your UC would have a lot better holeshot, but then it would get interesting :)
Can always try it on the street... ahhh did I just say that?

#16 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

ohhh haha i didnt realise it was an overnight thing...hence the tent...i thought it was just for the day thats why i didnt get it :P.

hmmm ;) ...however im saving up for a few things at the moment, actual rockers that will suit a holden V8 (1.65's) instead of the SBC 1.5's that ive got now, alot of people tend to think that i'm missing out of a considerable amount of lift :)

#17 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

I reckon you should enter a burnout comp with your Torana Brad! It should do some pretty massive skids now with the V8!

#18 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

Oh I'm sure it probably would but I'm not really interested in entering it in a burnout comp, you know that! Much more loss than gain imo...still soo much to do to make the motor better

#19 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

Never thought Mikey would suggest that!

#20 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

yea did not see that coming :P

Hey Heath,

was just thinking, your GMHT sig...the quote from Milco 'oh no bro we deck'd the number off............ lets get some fish n chups and re-stamp it when we funish eating..' is funny as btw...

but also i really do think that's what happened to my motor (which is pretty hillarious)...and they must have CBF'd it, i reckon thats why its just got a J prefix instead of the VJ that it should have, coming out of a VL :P.

Edited by Brad1979UC, 19 May 2010 - 08:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users