• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Robin
  • Car:LJ
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi Guys

I hope someone can help with information on a camshaft removed from an engine sometime ago. The cam is end stamped with "PC 287 H". The shaft of the cam has ID "CWC EP35 C1". It is a performance cam of unknown specifications and brand, may be a regrind?

Look forward to your helpful replies, and thanks in advance.

#2 _Tensixty6_

_Tensixty6_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi Guys

I hope someone can help with information on a camshaft removed from an engine sometime ago. The cam is end stamped with "PC 287 H". The shaft of the cam has ID "CWC EP35 C1". It is a performance cam of unknown specifications and brand, may be a regrind?

Look forward to your helpful replies, and thanks in advance.

I think I can say, with reasonable confidence, that the PC 287 H camshaft is sold through Precision International. The numbering matches up with cam grinds that are listed in an old Precision International catalogue that I have. Unfortunately, the PC 287 H is not listed. That may be because it may not have been available when the catalogue was produced. Precision International don't manufacture their own cams, they merely onsell them. I'd suggest you contact Precision International branch at your location. They should be able to help you.

Cheers

Chris
WADE CAMS

#3 Old_EH

Old_EH

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Robin
  • Car:LJ
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply, it was starting to look as if there would be no leads to follow. The cam was removed and stored about 10 years ago and I have just brought it out again to try to find the specs. It was relatively new without much wear but not what was needed at the time.

I'll try and check with the company you mentioned and hopefully get the info.

Thanks again
Robin

#4 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Sorry to bring up an old thread, sorry i missed this one, why not put it in a block and degree it???

Not hard and will tell you exactly what you have.

Cheers.

#5 _nemo355v8_

_nemo355v8_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

Interesting thing my machine shop guy told me. look at any cam and it will have CWC molded into it, this is because all cams are made in the USA by CWC as blanks and are then ground by cam providers like crow and crane ect.

Dont beleive me, have a look at that cam you got laying in the shed. lol

Dont know if this is true for standard cams thou.

#6 _Mike73_

_Mike73_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Interesting thing my machine shop guy told me. look at any cam and it will have CWC molded into it, this is because all cams are made in the USA by CWC as blanks and are then ground by cam providers like crow and crane ect.

Dont beleive me, have a look at that cam you got laying in the shed. lol

Dont know if this is true for standard cams thou.

Yes plenty of camshaft grinding companies use the CWC blanks but the original ones have Holden csat into them.

186 X2's had cams with flat spots machined on top of the lobes, the 186S originals had a extra cylinderical ring near one end, and from 1971 on most had relieved sections machined in line with the big ends,not sure about others, but the part numbers cast into them do match the numbers in the parts books, so is is easier enough to work out the originals in this way.
XU-1 original cams are likely to be different, like the heads, they all used the same cast number but were machined differently dependant to the given requirements of the time.

hope this helps, Mike

#7 _cruisindoug_

_cruisindoug_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

I realise this post is pretty old but the cam number comes up in a Google search so thought I would add what I know .....

Posted Image

Couldn't find any info on the web about this cam maker so I guess they are no more ...

Cheers
Doug

Edited by cruisindoug, 19 February 2012 - 07:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users