#1 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hi all,just a question on a front and rear spioler for a HJ Monaro 4 door ,when i purchased my car these were not on it and i would like to buy some and refit them to the car,if any one has any ideas where i could get a front and rear one ,good quality that would fit well it would be much appreciated in the Perth metro area,and also tips on fitting them.hoping somone can help .These are all made from fibreglass now i think.Thanks Paul.

#2 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

Paul,
are you sure it was meant to have one?
Many (most?) 4dr Munros came out bare just with badging and maybe GTS stripes.......

Grant..

#3 _chrome yella_

_chrome yella_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

my Hj Monaro 4dr never had any spoilers, and to honest im glad. there shiits of things.
you cant drop the car on its guts where it belongs.
they get crunched on kurbs unless you have raised springs.
there too heavy on the boot and so it closes without warning.
and finally they make the car look much bigger than it should.
try parking your non spoilered car next to one with and stand back 40ft and im sure you will agree.
has your nose panel got cut-outs in the bottom for air flow? if not it never had a spoiler
spoilers belong on 5000's IMO

#4 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:15 AM

Paul,
Many (most?) 4dr Munros came out bare just with badging and maybe GTS stripes.......

Grant..

Hi Grant,most of the HJ Monaro 4 doors ive seen have them,although mine never left the factory with any ,i,d still like to put some on,i think they look better,not so much like a kingy and being a HJ monaro mine is pretty plain,The HXs had more stenciling and bonnet paint.I found a place in VIC that do repo ones ,they look ok on ebay so i hope they are close to original looking when i get them .

#5 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

my Hj Monaro 4dr never had any spoilers, and to honest im glad. there shiits of things.
you cant drop the car on its guts where it belongs.
they get crunched on kurbs unless you have raised springs.
there too heavy on the boot and so it closes without warning.
and finally they make the car look much bigger than it should.
try parking your non spoilered car next to one with and stand back 40ft and im sure you will agree.
has your nose panel got cut-outs in the bottom for air flow? if not it never had a spoiler
spoilers belong on 5000's IMO

G,day chrome yella,my car is not to low i replaced the springs with standard hight ones so its not really on its guts,but maybe kurbs and the like could be an issue.

#6 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

Paul,
how many of those HJ owners will honestly admit whether the spoilers were factory fitted ;) or not.......

Grant..

#7 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

Paul,
how many of those HJ owners will honestly admit whether the spoilers were factory fitted Posted Image or not.......

Grant..

Not sure about that Grant,i did,nt realise so few actually left the factory with this option,anyhow still like them though.I think the HZ GTS spiolers were standard fitment.

#8 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

Paul,

Grant..

yes you are correct.my absinth (you spell it) yellow hj monaro 4 door has no spoilers.the hz was the only model to have had those ugly stripes.hj only had gts stickers.wilson fiberglass in moorebank does hi quality rear spoilers to suit the hj boot as its different to the z .the front spoilers come from fibremaster in peakhurst.but you dont want them just something to smash.ive been trying to put some pics of my monaro in the garage and in posts but they are to big.paul you can give me a ring if you want ill pm you my numberAttached File  2196470140100879470jngFaj_ph.jpg   94.58K   16 downloads

#9 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

Paul,

Grant..

yes you are correct.my absinth (you spell it) yellow hj monaro 4 door has no spoilers.the hz was the only model to have had those ugly stripes.hj only had gts stickers.wilson fiberglass in moorebank does hi quality rear spoilers to suit the hj boot as its different to the z .the front spoilers come from fibremaster in peakhurst.but you dont want them just something to smash.ive been trying to put some pics of my monaro in the garage and in posts but they are to big.paul you can give me a ring if you want ill pm you my numberAttached File  2196470140100879470jngFaj_ph.jpg   94.58K   16 downloads

Looks nice Rob.I managed to get someone on ebay in Yarram VIC to make me a front and rear spioler they look ok ,the rear one has a plate underneath with the bolts ,i pointed out to him it has to fit a HJ bootlid so i hope it fits good and ive done the right thing.Just look up HJ Monaro rear spioler on ebay ,and tell me what you think?sorry dont know how to put the link on here.Cheers mate.

#10 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

This is the picture of the Rear Spoiler.
http://cgi.ebay.com....em=130418467139

Edited by Indy Orange, 13 August 2010 - 11:27 PM.

#11 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

Sorry i dont think that worked.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users