• Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Bloody hell its got simmons on it good score

#427 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

all these cars and still nobody has found me a split window vw?????????

#428 _Stepside_

_Stepside_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hi Craig, my name is Steve, recently joined .... having a blast reading this thread you go going, amazing some of the stuff that is out there. Was not that far from your area over Christmas, my in-laws have a property outside of Gunnedah and went for a drive to a property south of Carol to check out a panel van shell. It was ok, but I'm hoping to find a better one.... we have a HX Sandman van and are planning to restore it as era correct as possible. Just wondering if you know of any or could keep an eye out in your travels for a HX-HZ windowless shell please?

Keep up the good work, cheers steve

#429 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

hey 73BATHXU1HTBATH350 the white falcon with the black front end in that photo is that for sale??

one here on gumtree atm too
if any perth guys are interested

#430 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hi,

the simmons were a great score Gene,i always have wanted a set,but have never come across some for the right price.

2wild4u,about 12 years ago i found a split window VW on a property,basicly complete,and about 8 months ago i thought i beter chase it up,and guess what the scrap metal guy i know cleaned the property up a few months before,i howled at him and he said i thought you onlt chased holdens,i now have informed him,any old cars let me know.

Stepside,
welcome to the forum hope you enjoy some of our company,and i,ll keep a look out,i will chase up a van ,but don,t hold your breath,as things don,t happen real fast out hear.I sold a van to a young fella but i don,t think anything has happened with it,and its a pearler body,no windows.

put up your wanted list and i,ll pm you,BUT numerous times i,ve lifted very heavy things sent pictures,and had no reply not even asking how much,,so don,t WASTE my time.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#431 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

That's a pearler of a HK Monaro Craig.

#432 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

That's a pearler of a HK Monaro Craig.

yeah it is,

A friend of mine was after a V8 HK monaro,and was chasing over priced shit boxes on fleebay,he wanted one of mine but i didn,t want to part with one of the family.Anyway with a bit of help from yel327 we found this white car,which has a 6 cylinder,But is actually a 307 10 bolt oridginally,the owner didn,t even know,it has been fully restored to a high quality,and he scooped it up for 38k.

#433 _stroker 208_

_stroker 208_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hi,

the simmons were a great score Gene,i always have wanted a set,but have never come across some for the right price.

2wild4u,about 12 years ago i found a split window VW on a property,basicly complete,and about 8 months ago i thought i beter chase it up,and guess what the scrap metal guy i know cleaned the property up a few months before,i howled at him and he said i thought you onlt chased holdens,i now have informed him,any old cars let me know.

Stepside,
welcome to the forum hope you enjoy some of our company,and i,ll keep a look out,i will chase up a van ,but don,t hold your breath,as things don,t happen real fast out hear.I sold a van to a young fella but i don,t think anything has happened with it,and its a pearler body,no windows.

put up your wanted list and i,ll pm you,BUT numerous times i,ve lifted very heavy things sent pictures,and had no reply not even asking how much,,so don,t WASTE my time.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Thats Focking RUDE I rekon,you go out of your way to get info and pics of theses car for people(forum members) and they havn't even got the decency to get back to you or say thanks but no thanks.

#434 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Went on a road trip today with trailer in tow as my old man uncovered these at a local farm.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Okish HQ ute fitted with V8 Salisbury diff,has a good pair of HQ hotwires and a Premier dash
Posted Image
253 with 4 barrel carb with A/C and Power stearing in shed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Rough HQ tonner cab but did also have Premier door trims A/C and sunroof. Found a GTS center cap on floor

Posted Image
Loaded up for 1st trip home.

Posted Image
Loaded up for 2nd trip home and grabbed front panels that were in other paddock, scored a HQ stato front.

Posted Image
Heaps of frogs when i loaded them up, looks like one went for a joyride.

Hope you guys like, Chears Neil

#435 _bradman_

_bradman_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

That Vt is so focking cheap!!!! Great score!!!
The engine alone would go for close to $1500 here in melbourne!

If you see any complete old chevs around the 58 era can you please shoot me some pics....
CHeers

#436 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

hi neil,

some good things found,we are lucky up here.

hi brad,shall do.

spotted this prem headed north friday night over boarder in queersland,anyone recognise.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#437 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

Very nice.

I thought it was this one for a minute,but I was wrong.

Posted Image

#438 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

thats a screamer craig,

4 months ago old mate at the servo asked me,do you want a 9 inch for your 1 tonner,i say how much, he says about $150,i say yeah,and he say i,ll get it for you.Anyways,i go and get fuel and old mate says i got that 9 inch for ya,i says again how much he says again 100 bucks,i says cool,anyways we load,and i notice on the axles a plate attached,with flat black painted over it,me finks oooo that looks promising.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by 73BATHXU1HTBATH350, 22 January 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#439 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#440 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

we go around to properties a lot to hunt and it almost breaks me to see property dumps littered with old holdens and fords. I would love more than anything to rescue old cars!!

#441 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Follow your dreams,Judge. :)

#442 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

thats a screamer craig,

4 months ago old mate at the servo asked me,do you want a 9 inch for your 1 tonner,i say how much, he says about $150,i say yeah,and he say i,ll get it for you.Anyways,i go and get fuel and old mate says i got that 9 inch for ya,i says again how much he says again 100 bucks,i says cool,anyways we load,and i notice on the axles a plate attached,with flat black painted over it,me finks oooo that looks promising.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Nice score for $100, the sticker says competition? what exactly do you think you have there? great thread btw.

#443 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Sydney Competition Warehouse

#444 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

Sydney competition warehouse used to sell very tough rear ends with billet axles,worth at least $1500 back in the day
should check ratio and then pull an axle and see if its fine spline ,very very nice pick up

#445 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

nicko61

saw your new project,i,ll let you know if i come across something for your FC.

Those FE utes i stripped some time back would have been very handy for your front end rust.

#446 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Had a group of visitors,these guy,s really were excitable,i even fired up the methonol monaro,this got them reving.

Never had so many questions fired at me before,i really enjoyed there company,and seeing the happy faces.

Posted Image

#447 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#448 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#449 _68 GTO_

_68 GTO_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

That XR is kind of cool, is that a cage I see hiding inside it?

#450 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hubba Hubba on the Harry D. :D B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users