grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hi mate, i would never ever ever do another candy car again. Firstly as stated all candy,s are is just simply transperent tinters over either silver, gold ect. & the base colour ie. silver is were you get the ammount of metal flake desired transperent tinters fade because a colour gets it,s strength from several tinters mixed in order to give coverage uv sustainability ect. if you do a candy & it has to be touched up has to be the same gun same settings same no of coats same painter ect if you are never going to drive it & keep it in a cocoon go for it. Or simply go & find a matchable colour like on the pajero,s or corolla,s lancer just to name a few the look very close to a candy & in 2 pk sikkens ect. probably last 15-20 yrs remember your etch primer is your base & rust protection "spend $100 a lire here" dont buy cheap industrial shit. as a t/q panel/beater i am a huge fan of sikkens 2 pk just wanted to give you honest professional advise mate, look foward to some finished photo,s

#28 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

not game to stick a pic up here but my xw replica phase one is candy apple red.ah bugger it ill do it

sweeet
i never thought mini lites suited a xw-y shape but
other than that it can sit in my yard any day :)

still nicko its a nice looking car i cant really see the problems with your paint maybe a closer pic.i now know of at least 4 forum members now that own an xw/y.we seem to be prisoners of this time period lol
yeah i borrowed the minilites they went on so we could race at oran park for a supersprint so we could use the 225/50/15s r888s .otherwise it runs the silver 6 x 14 inch slotters with the stainless dress rims and stainless caps taxi wheels .

#29 _slrtofly_

_slrtofly_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

When you paint a car in candy you have to put a silver or gold metallic base down first, then you put the candy on top.
Because the candy is transparent you could paint the hole car silver, do all the blackouts and then put the candy over everything.
I've always wanted to do that to a Torana but that's way to much work for me. :)

depending on the colour you want a lot of the candies you can make yourself just add the powder to the clear , 2pac or acrylic and you choose the colour basecoat you want (like the attached pic fire red flake over black base).... alot cheaper way to make it and experiment.:3gears:

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users