Daves Skid Pig

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 _CHEV_

_CHEV_
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

Posted Image

Did this last night after a huge head F#$^ with the MSD dizzy and new extractors I bought! The Dart heads and block are not the same dimensions as a stock 350 even though everyone says they are!!!

My smaller old headers only just fit!

Extractors custome made to suit stock 350 chev with MSD starter now available for sale if anyone is interested. I paid $2500 for the lot a week ago. Will take $2400 or willing to seperate ect...

If you want to offer a pergola erection service for a swap I would be interested also :-)

#27 _CHEV_

_CHEV_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Sorry no posts over the last week...

Had big dramas... motor had to come out for some reason the crank decided it didnt like the new sump and hit it, it also snapped a bolt in the sump and almost fell out of the engine mounts...

So motor came apart - and we checked over everything!

So i'll let the pictures tell the story... Got new box rated at 1200hp back also!

Missed a couple of steps at the end but you get the gist...

It rumbled over at around 9pm last night witout an exhaust... needless to say timing and or fuel isn;t right. It was starting fires and backfiring and blowing smoke like there was no tomorrow! i think I will be changing the oil and winding the fuel pressure down and the advance up before I try again...

:-)

The bolt which my genious mate drilled out with a cordless and no taps! :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yes I use way too much goo. It's a torana - with a chev and custom extractors... do you like fixing leaks?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Wiring all ready to go on the turbo 400 (VT sender) for my autometre guage!

#28 _sting_

_sting_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

nice,very nice

#29 _CHEV_

_CHEV_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

UGH... So not only have I pulled the motor out again after finally getting all fluids sorted cutsom lines for everything.... I have had to strip the motor down again.

Running a Aeromtive Eliminator 2400hp pump with a Frocked regulator, then trying to start a blown 400 chev with 2 x 750 double pumpers - potentially with blown needles and seats. Well Use your imagination...

Changed the oil 3 times during a 6 or so hour period of starting and tuning the car last weekend. It was breathing a lot - backfiring and then eventually tunred into a smoke machine. Obvious solution rings are blowing oil through because of the copious amounts of fuel going unburnt through the bores. Motor comes out and I start pulling it apart, only to find a black goo oil like substance which smelt almost like burnt plastic everywhere...

Thoughts? Oh and I have found the best chev starter motor on the market... I guarantee you will not find a better diversified and interchangeable - small - lightweight and well priced starter. Took me over $1000 and 4 tries, but this is perfect!

Also cleaned the Shed a little... didn't last long.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pick of the local Riff Raff.....
Posted Image

#30 _CHEV_

_CHEV_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 more of old mate... He is like an EEwok of StarWars or Chewbacca...

I call him chew chew....

Posted Image

Post above wouldn't let me edit... shed all cleaned before motor came out again Yesterday.

Posted Image

Edited by CHEV, 20 September 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#31 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

I know nothing about those blowers, but they dont have any teflon coated internals do they?

#32 _CHEV_

_CHEV_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:23 AM

Its a brand new stage 2 competition blower shop 8/71... so i reckon it does! I am only learning... obviously the hard way. The white strips which you can barely see are strips of some sort?

Good news though - motor is fine just bores will get a proper machine hone and new rings... will give the rods about 21 thou clearance instead of the 16 though they have now for burnouts...

But the guys putting it back together were stoked with the quality of the build and the parts... ARP bolts through the whole motor and supposedly a lot of care had gone into every detail.

So the yanks built good quality for me... the mistake was throwing a oversized fuel pump on and not setting the reg and return lines properly. blew the needle and seat then couple hours of trying to get it right after everything was sorted and there goes the bores and rings...

ohh and bearings where perfect - it did over an hour on the dyno and not even a single scratch on them... so bad situation having to tear it apart again but could have been worse... and now I know the motor inside out.

#33 _V6 UC_

_V6 UC_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

Glad to c it sorted mate, U reckon it will b ready intime for powercruise ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users