39 replies to this topic

#1 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

Maybe its just the season for it...?

But does anyone else get the absolute shits when parts you order either dont fit, are not supplied or are just not the right thing...?

I dunno what the go is but just about every time Ive dealt with a company something goes wrong....? WTF...

Ive placed two big orders for parts from a company, send them a spread sheet with P/N's, and links to the parts.... And even then, bits dont get supplied...or parts supplied are wrong...

This second order that arrived recently is no different... have to send shit back and get the right thing.... Probably not so much of a problem for you lot living in the big smoke, but up this way its 6-7 business days for most things... So that means 1 to 1 1/2 weeks to get stuff up... So if a company waits for the incorrect part to be sent back, process it then sends the right part back.... It can easily turn into a 3-4 week wait.... Such a friggin pain in the ass....

Ive just found that the Chamois pinchweld I purchased months n months ago is about 1m to short.... Im left with 1.85m for the front door frame... which aint enough! None was wasted doing the other 3 doors.

I had an issue with a front door rubber not fitting recently to... yes it was sorted out without fuss, but its just the time frame.... going back and forth to the post office... stuff like that...! You know... having to write them an email explaining the situation, going back and forth blah blah blah... it takes up time....

A few months back I had a heap of stuff zinc plated locally that turned out woeful.... So I sent that lot away to be CAD plated... That didnt turn out much better, but Ive just noticed the rear scuff plates that have been stored safely in a box for about 3mths are turning black...??? I cant get this off... Such a joke... I paid $390 for a this work plus $60 in freight costs... Not to mention the other wasted $150 in Zinc plating.

Why is shit so hard....????? That is the question Im asking businesses?

Scuff plate:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pinchweld:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Door Rubber:

Posted Image

Edited by hanra, 26 December 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#2 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,167 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Welcome to the world of restos some people dont give a rats arse about some car related parts until you find the right contact
It happens quite a lot not just to you

#3 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

Im not new to the world of resto's. I just need to have a vent.....

#4 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

take a chill pill
breathe in count to ten....breathe out
then scream your frocking head off at the poor lady down the phone...have a beer repeat every day for 3-4 weeks til parts arrive
works for me :)

#5 _Mint_

_Mint_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

yes ..i know your pain..unfortunately we the paying public are to an extent bringing it on our selves by wanting the cheapest price
it's what i call the three c's syndrome..cheap chinese crap!!! the chinese man(or whom ever) cant trial fit that door seal to check actual fitment
the wholesaler in oz gets an order from OS an doesnt know a thing

i work for a large Australian auto parts company and i'm seeing more and more of poor manufacturing quality..dont fit ..not the same as OE or just plain dont go

but theres no excuse for sending an incorrectly ordered part..i recently ordered some braided ss hose and they sent the wrong size
i also bought a very nice looking billet dizzy clamp for my 308..the packaging says its for holden v8 but....it doesnt fit..it hits on the manifold..theres that fitment thing again!

#6 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

I hear ya harana

#7 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

It can get real ugly when parts don't fit correctly.

Posted Image

#8 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

My eyes are broken now...

#9 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

It pisses me off when ya order the bits from the only source that seems to be available at a fair price and it dont fit,then ya take em back and some snotty little teen age kid says to ya "ohh are sure you fitted it right " or ya get "well i sold one last week and it was alright so your car must be wrong" ?????
Phillip

#10 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

theres no excuse for sending an incorrectly ordered part..i recently ordered some braided ss hose and they sent the wrong size

some send the incorrect parts/items so as not to loose the sale or even part of the sale ;)

"yes sir we sell all those parts you require, you wont need to go to any other supplier (ie: their competition) we will take care of the whole lot for you"

you pay your money but what you ask for may be out of stock or something they don't stock and have to buy in, so they "supplement" the item/s with something similar (or in some cases nothing at all),

by the time you've sent back the incorrect parts they've supplied
they have restocked/bought in/sourced the actual part you were after,
as they already have your money in their pocket you are stuck with waiting for them to send the right bits.

only sending some of the parts with a note telling you that they missing bits were out of stock and are on back order
leaves you without the all the bits to do the job and all the money for the parts in there hands.
If they told you at the time they didn't have the all the bits you want
you may not buy any of the bits off them and try another supplier (not what 'mr. salesman' on the other end of the phone wants ;) )

these days I always ask "so you have ALL the parts in stock ready to go then?"

#11 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

It pisses me off when ya order the bits from the only source that seems to be available at a fair price and it dont fit,then ya take em back and some snotty little teen age kid says to ya "ohh are sure you fitted it right " or ya get "well i sold one last week and it was alright so your car must be wrong" ?????
Phillip

Or the................."We have been selling these for years and yours is the only complaint". Then you ask around and get "O yeah them, they never fit right so we clean up the original and put it back on......didn't you know?"

#12 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Looking at that door seal as per above....I think you are meant to start fitting the seal at that corner of the door......and finish up at the check strap and cut and glue the residual thats left over. I have an awesome parts guy fortunately, that I trust, and gets my parts orders right the first time, everytime. I refuse to buy my general part items from anyone else these days, as visits to "better known" outlets turned into a high blood pressure, frustrating exercises in poor customer service and wrongly supplied parts!

#13 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

The door seal was to long. Thats been sorted out with the correct item.

I must point out that all the issues have been sorted out, its not like the companies involved havnt come to the party to help. Its just that in the middle of the day when your trying to get jobs done in the shed and its nearly 36 degrees, these set backs really irritate you....

Posted Imagev

#14 _WantOneNow!_

_WantOneNow!_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

Maybe time to buy some fans mate, they can make a big difference on a hot day. That is what I have found.
Cheers Mick.

#15 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

I always ask if it can be returned if it doesn't fit.

If they don't want to guarantee the bit or start making comments like The Baron mentioned above then go elsewhere.

Not worth the hassle. -Stung too many times by pricks saying "We can't accept a return if the packet has been opened" How the frOck are you supposed to check if it fits then?!?

#16 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Pete if you are after no bull#@$ service and the supply of the right part the first time...go see Stuart at Gepps Cross Auto Parts (Shitty Dismantlers Complex) and tell him stretch sent ya!...lol

#17 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

I always ask if it can be returned if it doesn't fit.

If they don't want to guarantee the bit or start making comments like The Baron mentioned above then go elsewhere.

Not worth the hassle. -Stung too many times by pricks saying "We can't accept a return if the packet has been opened" How the frOck are you supposed to check if it fits then?!?

In my case there is not an issue of item not being able to be returned. As I mentioned before, all my issues have been sorted... It just sux when I've taken time off over xmas to get jobs done and the bits I have are not right, and the time frame to sort it out due to my location.

#18 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Cheers stretchlc, will do.

hanra, good thing you could get them sorted. I understand just how frustrating it can be when you end up with the wrong thing...

S#!t stops, blood boils! Especially when it's someone else's stuff-up! Worse when you've looked up the correct bit FOR THEM! :banghead:

#19 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Make sure you fax or email a copy of your order after the phone call.
Then, anything that turns up that you DID NOT ORDER, as per the paperwork, is YOURS. You DO NOT need to send it back and there is nothing they can do. If they want it back, and you are willing to give it back, they need to provide a no cost option....tell em to send a courier when YOU are available.

So after you've put your freebies away cos the bgucked up, get on the blower and politely request the correct parts. Let them know that as per the law items supplied that were not requested are yours to keep and you want the correct parts supplied on next days courier.
You'll be happy to have the extra parts ready to return on the same courier if they sweeten the deal with a refund or extra gear but the courier must be there tomorrow.

Outright ask or tell them what you want. Some just don't get what they should be doing.
You get grief, tell everyone, and tell them you will........you are a member of an international auto forum, and ANDRA, and a car club etc...tell em that within days a few hundred people will know they stuffed you around!

Grant..

#20 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Received a new roll of pinchweld in the mail today for the passenger front door. Another issue resolved. Thank you.

#21 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,903 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

?????......... My new lot of pinch weld...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Looks good to me!............

#23 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,167 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

So its a little short wont scuff plate covewr that

#24 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Is it supposed to go under the scuff plate?

#25 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thats the idea.....I didnt think they ran all the way along the inner sill panel anyway....well atleast, not on any Torana I've ever owned anyway!...I think theres not alot of provision in the scuff plates form to run the pinch weld all the way along....only on the ends!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users