LC Coilover pics and info needed.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

Im putting QA1 coilovers in the rear of my LC 4door, but need advice on where they mount to the body.
I was told today that i need to put a length of rhs on the boot floor or under it, so the coilovers can mount to it for strength. How did you mount yours and do you have pics that can show me how to do it?

#2 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

I've seen this before and partially considered it. A place out here sells the setup, basically just a rod made from steel cut to lengthe with flanges on each end bolted to the wheel arches and boot floor with the coilovers secured to it in the centre. I will see if I can find you any pics.

#3 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

This from why-psis thread on another forum.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Not exactly what you were looking for but a good start atleast.

#4 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Here's the entire thread on here. Give it a gander, there is actually a fair few blokes on here running this setup, kinda tempting. Still makes me wonder how much width you can get out of the rear gaurds without cutting anything...
http://www.gmh-toran...style-rear-end/

#5 Hybrid

Hybrid

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:LC 2 Door

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Here's how it was done on my LC.

https://cache.gmh-to.../P1090397_m.jpg

#6 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

ok thanks guys, some good ideas there. Do the coilovers have to mount under the diff?

#7 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Was told on mine coilovers couldnt go into the boot for rego or engineers so a crossover bar was weelded in & coilovers were done similar to pics above.

#8 Hybrid

Hybrid

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:LC 2 Door

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

ok thanks guys, some good ideas there. Do the coilovers have to mount under the diff?

Do you mean directly above the axle tubes?? If you do, then no. The brackets on my diff are to the rear of the axle tube. The bottom of my coil over actually site lower than the axle tube. There five different heights I can choose with my brackets to alter ride height without altering the total suspension travel.

#9 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

ok, yeh i checked out VPW.COM.AU other night and it showed the bracketry for the coilovers etc on there. So i might get it all off them or try for a price war between vpw and mcdonald bros. lol

#10 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Dammit, you've got me hooked now. Let me know how you go price wise and installing them.

#11 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

yeh will let u know. Going by their websites mcdonald bros is about $200 cheaper i think. I want double adjustable, but i know the mcdonald bros kit that includes everything including mounts etc is only single adjustable. I wont be able to fit the for atleast a few weeks untill i find a diff builder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users