Dealing With JOE from OLD SKOOL PARTS AND PANELS

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hi all....
Just need to know if anyone has had dealings with JOE from Old Skool Parts and Panels...

Why I ask is that I purchased a front valance for my LC... It has arrived with HEAPS of surface rust, painted over.. The metal has pitted... I rang to enquire about it and the RUDE reception I got had me floored....

Nothing about any credit or refund.. Just that "they restore cars and I dont know what Im talking about"... and " you know its covered in an acrylic etch and has to come off any way"!!!!..

What has that got to do with a rusty new panel????? hes making out its my fault and doesnt want a bar of it....

After I took a breath and said that what about the $245 I spent, and will I get it back.. He said send some pics and well see!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder Australian retail is dying... TYPICAL AUSSIE RETAIL BUSINESS, BUY IT CHEAP, MARK UP HEAPS AND DONT GIVE A F ABOUT THE CUSTOMER

I was not going to worry about it and try and work around, but after that conversation.. Im pissed and want my cash back and they can go and

F them selves..

I would not deal with these guys people, they are rude and dont give a shit..

Makes me wonder what there so called restos are like???? and I pitty you if you have a complaint about it.. Bring out the gloves me thinks...

I do give credit to Andrew From Rare Spares Adelaide.. They sent theres back as they were rusty and are waiting on a new batch, he warned me to be carefull...

Ill let you guys be the judge

Mike

#2 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

more pics

#3 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Shit service,but if its a genuine part I would probably suck it up.

It will be fine once you remove the paint and give it a wipe with some rust convertor.

At least you will know it fits if its a genuine part.

If its repo,tell them to jam it up their arse.

#4 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

That is terrible.
I would get my money back even if it was a lot of dicking around because that is just #@$^%&.

I've bought all my stuff off these guys
http://www.allmusclecarparts.com.au/

After a few rare spares things didn't fit properly.
Never had a problem with them and they are VERY helpful.

They go to toranafest and a lot of the other events.
Not sure about adelaide though im sure they will help you out.
Ive bought a drop tank, whole front end (sides, valance rad support) and a few other things from them no worries.

#5 308 Sunbird

308 Sunbird

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Name:Stuart
  • Car:SS Hatch, 308 Sunbird sedan-Improved Prod racer (sold), HZ Kingy wagon

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Mike, after all your great work removing rust I can see why you would be disappointed adding some back in now.
Take them back.

#6 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Shit service,but if its a genuine part I would probably suck it up.

It will be fine once you remove the paint and give it a wipe with some rust convertor.

At least you will know it fits if its a genuine part.

If its repo,tell them to jam it up their arse.

Its a repo one.. Not good enough

That is terrible.
I would get my money back even if it was a lot of dicking around because that is just #@$^%&.

I've bought all my stuff off these guys
http://www.allmusclecarparts.com.au/

After a few rare spares things didn't fit properly.
Never had a problem with them and they are VERY helpful.

They go to toranafest and a lot of the other events.
Not sure about adelaide though im sure they will help you out.
Ive bought a drop tank, whole front end (sides, valance rad support) and a few other things from them no worries.

Maybee next time,, As I dont need any thing else. This was the last bit.

Mike, after all your great work removing rust I can see why you would be disappointed adding some back in now.
Take them back.

You said it my friend..

more pics

#7 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I just sent him an email with pics.. Lets see what he has to say abou that. I recon I wont get a reply..

#8 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

The worst bit about this delema is that while I was on the phone to him.. I asked if he could open and see if its OK.. I wanted no ripples from the pressing procces.. He said it was fine......
So what gives, he knew and sent anyway or he didnt see it? I seen it before I took out of the box.

[attachment=23642:IMG_2805.JPG][attachment=23643:IMG_2806.JPG][attachment=23644:IMG_2808.JPG]

#9 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

So it is a repro panel?

Whoops, just read up...yeah that is shit, send it back. You have the right to do so for a refund less postage costs most likely.

Edited by Skapinad, 28 September 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#10 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

So it is a repro panel?

Whoops, just read up...yeah that is shit, send it back. You have the right to do so for a refund less postage costs most likely.

Thats the problem.. $30 each way... Gets expensive and after asking him to open and have a look for me.. I dont see why I should ware that cost..

Im realy just pissed at his attitude..

Edited by mikecatts, 28 September 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#11 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Rightly so.... I always judge a good business person by their reaction to a disgruntled customer. The shit ones are always on the front foot straight off the bat...

#12 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Rightly so.... I always judge a good business person by their reaction to a disgruntled customer. The shit ones are always on the front foot straight off the bat...

Yes , hes a "shit one" alright.. want it known how they operate, maybee then, they will change.. I dont understand their attitude..
A new customer who is saving a unique car and will spend money Rings for a part.. You would think they would try harder to keep the business.. He must have sooo much that he doesnt need any more.. Restoring cars for him must pay well.....

#13 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

maybe you need to send the prick a copy of this thread

#14 _walpolla_

_walpolla_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Do'nt know what you are on about. They are obviously good blokes - THEY say so on the "about us" page, why would you possibly doubt them? :P
Joe and his mate Mario.. :Buddy:

http://www.oldskoolp...com.au/about-us

regards,Rod :lol:

Edited by walpolla, 29 September 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#15 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thats scrap metal.

I have a couple of 40 year old ones here that are in better nick.

Get harsh.

Cheers.

#16 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Thats shit,

How dare they be rude to you after sending faulty products. Looks like they have dragged that of the bottom of the ocean floor.

#17 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Agreed.

#18 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

This is why i like to deal with a person in the flesh

#19 _walpolla_

_walpolla_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Go git 'em Mike ! They deserve a reaming for that attitude, let alone the crap product. Old or not, that is just plain bad.

Still, they ARE good blokes - just ask 'em.

regards,Rod :angry:

#20 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

collectively, we can frOck this lot.

One word and i'll put it on my facebook, then a few hundred car fanatics will repeat it, etc etc, shall be viral and they shall go under.

This forum combined over several different media sorces will make that x 1000....

You should mention this next time your on the phone.....

Cheers.

#21 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hi all.... Thanks for the words...
I sent pics and a nice please replace, exchange or give a discount... and no reply as yet..
I read their intro page.. I like this bit

"We are proud to be part of the now competitive market and our first priority is always supplying our customers with quality reproduced panels and accessories, we will continue to source new merchandise to add to our growing products list."

There such good blokes that they dont need any new business.. Ive heard there "great attitude" personally :)

I will send a link to them..

Im not going to waste my time calling them.. Im sending emails.. I dont want any more of " their great attitude"..

Its cheap shit scrap iron.. Ive tried to weld the repo panels.. Its nothing like the original metal.. Ive had the original metal and the repo metal wire wheeled and bare for some time and the original doesnt rust. The repo, as soon as it sees air, it starts.. It does make resto harder when you have to work out the settings before you weld on each new piece..

Please let it known what they are like.. Facebook will hurt.. Please let it go viral..
Hey.. If I was a rich man, I would take theses guys to court and drag it out sooooo long that they would crumble..

Rares are waiting and I assume that the rest of the stock in AUS is rusty as well.. I dont want to buy over the net, and dont see why I should buy another... Im usually acounter guy for big purchases.. Im wondering what the rest of the repo stuff is like.. I need rubbers? Ive heard some stories.. Who do I go to?

#22 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hi Mike
Should try theses guys,
http://www.allmuscle...s.com.au/?p=451
Had a look at there gear at All Holden Day in Sydney this year and I thought there repo parts were really good,each part was in its own box and looked brand new.I purchased some repo door handles for my 4 door(4 for $185)you couldn't get them rechromed for that and they fitted straight in with no dramas,had to modifiy the ones for the back doors but was told and shown at the time of purchase.
Rubbers I have heard a company Better Rubber are ones to buy but I have not used any of there product.I used Rare spares rubbers on my XU1 rebuild and weren't happy with the door and rear quarter rubbers,the rest I thought were OK.But since then they have upgraded there door rubbers and have recently purchase a set for my 4 door ratta and they are heaps better.
Anyway hope this info helps.
Back on the Topic,Word of mouth can certainly make and break companys.
cheers

#23 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

If he has sold you some thing that is not as advertised you could report him to consumer affairs ???,I have threatened companies with this and usually the attitude changes real quick if their in the wrong,don't get into a verbal shirtfight just lay out the facts and a piccie or 2

#24 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,077 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Not sure why you trusted a company who can't even spell 'school' in the first place!

#25 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

glad i read this as i was looking at some of there products, you could also post on there facebook page..

Like what was mentioned above maybe contact consumer affairs, its not right what they have sent you, even when its perfect product many business offer refunds for various reasons, but for them to not offer any replacement or refund for a clearly faulty part is beyond me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users