62 replies to this topic

#51 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,902 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

F5E15D5A-A69A-4505-837C-E510A37165A6_zps

#52 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

Got mine yesterday, Ben dose a great job on them

#53 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Looks like they can match chassis numbers to body numbers & PSN's on LJ's. Below is from an email reply from Ben.

"We can reveal for you if your Holden's Body Number (as appearing on the Body ID plate) is correct for the PSN (VIN). We can also confirm if the chassis number is correct for the other numbers. For vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1970 the additional ADR Safety Compliance plate also contains the chassis number."

I don't believe this can be done from the VIN disc info?

I also inquired as what happens to the info they collect from customers in the course of this exercise. They haven't replied as yet...

#54 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

I also inquired as what happens to the info they collect from customers in the course of this exercise. They haven't replied as yet...

I think that this probably covers it.

http://www.holdenhis.../privacy-policy

Dr Terry

#55 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

Hi all

Where has this additional information been in the last 20 or so years that Holden has been providing 'authenticity letters' for the LJ range?

The VIN disc does not include Chassis Numbers. Body Numbers post May 1973 on Brisbane built cars have 6 digits which are derived from the PSN.

You would imagine that if this extra info is available, then the original colour and trim details would be available also.

I would like to think it's true - but don't want to pay the $90 to find out info that I already know.

Cheers

Bazza

#56 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

Bazza, see my reply on the previous page about 7 posts from the bottom.

#57 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

hi this guy hot a lot of dealer information from a friends hard work in exchange for bens information on dealer numbers but he reneged on his side of the deal I would not trust him

Wayne, that is far from the truth. I'll tell you next time we talk.

#58 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Name:Chris

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

Wayne, that is far from the truth. I'll tell you next time we talk.

? I have supplied Barry Black, Norm and Ben (over 3 years)with dealer codes, and Ben with quite a few individual requests.  Especially the evolution of dealers and codes and addresses. 

And sometimes the more difficult ones and sometimes just as confirmation. Never been a trust issue with any of these gentlemen.  If you don't address the issue of time period that any dealer was allocated a dealer code then you run the risk of error.

e.g. although the dealer name remained the same for over a decade, the dealer principle(owner) changes 3 times and so did the dealer dealer code.

e.g. dealer codes were reissued and in some cases with ownership change, today you are XXX tomorrow you are YYY, under the same dealership name.

Never been a trust issue

#59 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hi all

I too have been dealing with Ben lately with regards to LH/ LX numbers and have found him to be very professional and I have no issues with regards to trust.

As Ben's Paperwork only goes to 31 Jan 1978 I have been working with him regarding the last 1000 odd cars from Feb 1978.

We have even discussed the possibility of creating a database of the 8VD77 cars produced to gather stats as far as build numbers and configurations go.

I for one think that what Ben is doing is essential for the heritage of our vehicles.

cheers

Mick  

#60 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

Dealings I have had with Ben, he is vey Professional and amazing history he has on Holden Cars

#61 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

All the guys mentioned by Balfizar are all well known to each other (& to Balfizar & myself) & IMHO all very trustworthy.

We are all enthusiasts & we are not doing any of this to rip anybody off. In fact we are doing what we can to stop any fraudulent activity.

If we all work together we can build a good database of info, not just ID numbers, but paint, trim & mechanical also.

Ben has made a great start with his HHS, so anything we can do to help him, either directly or indirectly can only help us all. 

I don't think that Ben's honesty or integrity can be questioned.

Dr Terry

#62 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

Here here Dr Terry!

#63 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Name:Chris

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

All the guys mentioned by Balfizar are all well known to each other (& to Balfizar & myself) & IMHO all very trustworthy.

We are all enthusiasts & we are not doing any of this to rip anybody off. In fact we are doing what we can to stop any fraudulent activity.

If we all work together we can build a good database of info, not just ID numbers, but paint, trim & mechanical also.

Ben has made a great start with his HHS, so anything we can do to help him, either directly or indirectly can only help us all. 

I don't think that Ben's honesty or integrity can be questioned.

Dr Terry

137 emails for Ben over 3 years, and he has freely given whatever he has to improve my database.  What is more important is that when we disagree, it

is taken with good grace and marked for further research and when a final conclusion is reached we both celebrate regardless of who was right or wrong.

What is quite pleasing and common amongst all those named is a passion for accuracy, a willingness to share and a disposition for the greater good of the GMH community, 

testosterone does not enter the equation in communications. Reputation and respect is earned and these guys have earned it. 

Cheers

Balfizar

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users