High hp/rpm n/a efi plenum

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#51 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

How do you run that on a 9 port head mate?

#52 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Well B-W, if it was a true hi-po max-output mill you were after, or even one accepting the limitations of using the venerable Holden red 6, then a 9 port wont cut it..

However, if you are determined to maximise the intake flow of the siamesed ports, then a discrete 1-2 X 3 vs a shared plenum/harmonic pulse intake are options..

#53 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Uhu. The op was about a red motor head, before 265's, 308's, and lamborghini/ferrari engines began being mentioned. 

Edited by Bomber Watson, 24 July 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#54 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Exactly, sonny - so kindly refer back to your post #36, in this very thread..  

#55 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Reply to #33 and #34. 

Cheers. 

#56 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

B-W.. you sniffin' that Uhu too hard or what?

Your reply to my posts #33 & #34.. 'do not compute'...

#57 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

And you have made it abundantly clear as to why it would not compute with you. 

Edited by Bomber Watson, 24 July 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#58 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, B-W, so why not cease humbugging the op's thread with utterly banal circuitous blather, & at least try to be contributing something of value..

#59 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

LOL. 

#60 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Did you mean LOG - as in manifold B-W, like an X-2 set-up?

Well..

At least you are trying, ( bloody trying, in fact)..

#61 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

I really think you should come to the six banger nats in September, you would be awesome during the after racing around the fire conversation. Your fairly close to. 

#62 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Sure, why not.. I'll bring my old '186' six banger, W-B & you can cream yourself looking at the 7 grand redline marked on the stock tacho...

#63 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

What J.A.W was trying to get at is The Tripple "downdraft" throttle bodies https://www.borlaind...003-series.html Don't actually need to be installed in a downdraft orientation, you could make the manifold at any angle. Thats where his fuel bowl comment came from... They don't have fuel bowls like carbies so you could mount them upside down if you wanted. Altho I dont think they would suit as they are too close together.

Im with BW tho in regards to the Q-Jet manifold (or any other single throttle body manifold)

These would be my pick, altho to suit a 12port head obviously....

http://www.efihardwa...d-bore-kit-45mm

#64 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

JAW: Certain i will. The resistance required to NOT drop my pants then and there and start masturbating over the awesomeness will be just to much for my tiny mind to handle. 

You have enlightened me so much. 

If a X2 manifold will work better than a SU manifold, then im sure by the same reasoning a stock single barrel stromie manifold will work even better!!! 

So im going to use one, bolt a throttle body where the carb should be and run injection, frOck it will be a weapon........

Viper, are you sure? Explain his X2 manifold idea then? And those throttle bodies still inject in the body, and are close together requiring them to branch out.........

Cheers. 

Edited by Bomber Watson, 24 July 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#65 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

DJ, did you know that Redline make an 'awesome' X-3 type log manifold for the red mill? X3 the fun..

Don't spoof it too quick though, cause my old 3 litre 6 banger has a factory twin cam (with variable cam advance) 24 valve Cosworth head & muliti-port CIS injection.

The HDT Group C XUI ran 1/2 a 58mm DCOE Weber per siamesed dual port for Brock & a 2" SU CV  like-wise for Bond at Bathurst `73..

A ~50mm CV Honda carb per SU triple manifold might do ok..

#66 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Twin cam cosworth head on a 186, frOck how did you get it to cover all six cylidners? Do you siamese some of the chambers? And how did you fit the X2 manifold to it?

#67 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Yeah DJ-BJ, & its all factory & ADR'd too, ( should I mention that it'll do 30mpg or cruise at 220 kmh too, or just the leather electric multi-adjustable seats, split level climate control, sunroof & pillarless 2-door hardtop coupe body style rolling with modest old school 15x7.5 slot mags & 225/60 Bridgestones)..L.O.L..

#68 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Shit mate your doing well for yourself. 

#69 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

As mentioned with alot of race manifolds they actually have the injectors at the end of the trumpets. For a race only engine where it only really spends its time at High rpm the air speed is high enough that it wont pool on the walls and will actually become a better homogenous mix (altho this might not actually be good if its true about what oldjonno said regarding the poor VE head and better to atomise later issue)

I don't see any issue with the slight angle on the manifold to match up with the head, altho more of a mandrel bend rather then just a sharp turn would have been abit nicer

If you wanted the runners to be 100% straight and the injectors as close to the ports as possible you could make a custom manifold with these:

http://www.efihardwa...mm-120mm-Centre

#70 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

First logical post i've seen tonight. 

#71 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Still waiting for one from you but D-W, my heap is just an old shitter, saved from the wrecker, having sat in an old boy's shed for years non-running

& I put a bit elbow grease/a few quid into it..

Mind you it was $100,000+ new 20 odd years ago..

That throttle body/injection set up shown by Viper is do-able, but X3 ~50mm Keihin CVs carbs on a SU red manifold is gonna be way cheaper..

A Honda carb proven to provide enough fuel/air to a  9,000+rpm 500cc cyl will do a pair of red motor cylinders fine..

#72 SA EH

SA EH

Another Holden 6 tragic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Name:Jonesy
  • Car:EH Holden, E30 BMW, LJ 4 Door

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

McGee mechanical injection anyone?

#73 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

Eine kleine Nachtmusik

Edited by Lazarus, 24 July 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#74 _J.A.W._

_J.A.W._
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Was it a hot shot injection system - or naturally aspirated E100 - that Janis foundered fatally under the influence of?

#75 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

I don't think she was a Drag Queen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users