Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

Good news!

All it required was an adjustment; cost me $100.

Con said you have to consider the whole system, the fork sits on a ball and many people don't adjust it, 'it's adjustable for a reason', he also said it was adjusted at the pedal itself and at the slave to give it some free play.

It's always good to take it to someone who knows what they're talking about, he said there's mobs out there that would've replaced the clutch kit and before long you'd have the same problem.

The judder is all but gone, it did judder slightly while I was reversing. I'm really happy with it for now as there's no judder when I take off but when I release the pedal I do have to pause slightly mid travel for it to catch, it feels like I'm riding it for a bit. Clutch slipping?

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 30 July 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#27 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Great News Stephen,

Clutch Slipping is good for me getting the most speed out of the Torana (spooling),

as I wear out clutches doing it.

So a little bit of clutch slipping or clutch riding it is usually called, will take the normal wear life.

My Mum had a 1970 Mazda Coupe for 14 years, and never changed a part, just had all the services done,

also payed $2000 from new, and traded in on a New Corolla, and got $2000 trade in.

Your adjustment, will take a bit of getting use to, but I hope they didn't take your $100 and wait for your return to do a New Clutch.

#28 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Your adjustment, will take a bit of getting used to but I hope they didn't take your $100 and wait for your return to do a New Clutch.

As long as I don't have to return for some time; I'll be happy.

Looking at the speedo today it's probably about 50,000 km old so I think there could be some life in it yet.

The judder was quite bad so I expect there's probably some damage or wear due to the repeated judder itself, it was juddering for quite some time before I brought it in; next time I'll get it looked at as soon as judder sets in.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 30 July 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#29 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,619 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

OK

As long as I don't have to return for some time; I'll be happy.

s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users