Discussion about a new Forum and

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 _SLR_

_SLR_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

Not sure if this is the right section or not, but anyway I was surfing the net and found this, thought someone might be interested.

see link

Torana parts

#2 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

Weird, why do we need two forums with all the same members?

#3 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:57 PM

i agree with pat ^ i know im probably missing out but...................................

#4 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:12 PM

Not for the same members Pat, its for all types of members.

In here we are specificaly Torana and some holdens with an ocaisional ford or Jap car

That site it for Aus Muascle Cars in general..

Besides AussieV8.com.au i dont know of another site were muscle car enthusiasts can all unite...

John

edit: Sorry i forgot to mention this, GMH-Torana.com was the inspiration to that site.. Me being a proud member of these forums for many years got creative with a few more members and www.ausmusclecars.com was the result.

Edited by TORANASS, 18 July 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#5 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

I Guess at the moment Ausmusclecars does have many members from here, but the intention of Aus Musclecars is to create an environment for fanatics of ALL muscle cars modern and classic to discuss their passion.

I think it can only be a valuable addition to the Internet to give everyone a central place to talk about what we all enjoy, and thats hot cars! There is a place for everyone and hopefully it takes off.

Cheers.

#6 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:07 PM

I think its a good idea, should go really well!

#7 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:07 PM

I am in enough forums/ebay/messenger services with passwords and logons to remember so I guess I wont be seeing anything listed as a link from here to another forum.
The internet is a maze of bloody passwords to remember!

Cheers
Herne

#8 _22fly_

_22fly_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

I am also a member of ausmusclecars.com, it may have alot of gmh-torana.com people, but it shall grow, and I can;t wait when it does!

#9 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

Herne: Thats understandable mate! I tend to write down the non-essential passwords, and make GOOD use of the "remeber me" feature!

Either way, i hope that AusMusclecars.com becomes as successful as GMHT always has been! We should be able to see a great mix of the cars we love! (Imagine an aus muscle cruise with Torries, Monaros, GTs, and Chargers? It'd be like the starting grid at bathurst!! and i'm sure the Torry would win AGAIN HAHAH!!)

Cheers :spoton:

#10 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

So TINY who started AusMusclecars?

#11 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,364 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

One password for everything is the way to go... possibly excluding eBay :spoton:

#12 _22fly_

_22fly_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:17 PM

^^^^ To right, and gmh-torana, as it is so speacil lol, who started ausmusclecars.com you ask? I think John (TORANASS) or Rick (TORANR AMORE) did... not completey sure, although Tiny again, is another mad admin, for another mad site!

#13 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:22 PM

One password for everything is the way to go... possibly excluding eBay :spoton:

After being an internet user for a very long time Heath I would suggest one password in definitely NOT the way to go... I have seen too many instances where passwords have been attacked and abused esp when one does all or nearly all.

Herne

Edited by Herne, 18 July 2006 - 04:23 PM.

#14 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

MRNOS: Ausmusclecars was started by John (TORANASS) and Rick (Toranr Amore) along with a small group of their friends as a place for people to go to discuss their love of Classic Aussie Muscle! THis includes modern Muscle like VL Turbos etc and even Rotaries!
It was Started when GMH-Torana crashed and we all had nowehre to get together and talk!

As you are probably aware, John and Rick both have a major Love for Toranas, but equally as much they enjoy all Aussie Muscle cars, GTs and the likes. The idea was to create a place wehre open disussion could be had by all without trying to create little "cliques"!

I was invited to be an Administrator on the new forum because of how i've acted as a mod and admin here. John and Rick ( and the others) thought highly enough of me to invite me to become and admin for which I'm very humbled!

That's the entire story behind the new forum, and the guys are absolutely working their backsides off creating a new structure and image scheme so that its user friendly and easy to navigate and use for everyone!

Hopefully their enthusiasm and their skill will result in a really progressive and fun place for people to spend their spare time discussing all manner of the cars we all adore!

Hope this clears up any questions, Feel free to ask anything else!

Cheers.
Tiny.

#15 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:29 PM

OH.. and i DONT use one password for that very reason... if someone manages to get hold of it all hell can break loose!!

many passwords and a really good filing method is whats needed ;)

Cheers!

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

Okies, thanks for the update.

#17 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:51 PM

My pleasure mate,

Its not our aim to create competition, or take over or any such ideas ( infact, the admin/development team is extremely concerned about being seen as doing so! We're doing all we can to NOT do so!!).

The site was opened to give people as well as torana people the same kind of fun, enjoyable, entertaining, easy, cool kind of experience as you all have created here on GMH-Torana. As John said above, He was inspired by this site to create Aus Muscle and encompas all kinds of Muscle Cars that otherwise would not come here!

Cheers!

#18 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:51 PM

Yella SluRs initial comment/insinuation was way off target, as there are many members from this forum who are also active members of other forums and it has always been this way.

ausmusclecars.com evolved from the minds of genuine Muscle Car enthusists and was created by the anomalies Admin1 & Admin2 and is now Propagated by all real aussie muscle car enthusiasts, a number of which have come from Torana "backgrounds", which is one of Australias greatest muscle car acheiver.
The ausmusclecars.com group and all its members will be proud supporters of our countries car culture and it's classic muscle cars, so lets show support.

#19 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

I think my comment was a question, I can't see any insinuations, assertions, judgements or affirmations in there. Just a simple question.

Was a bit shocked to find it in that manner, that's all. Might of assisted just to be open and to advise what was happening.

I've been round long enough to realise that people are members of other forums.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 18 July 2006 - 06:48 PM.

#20 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

I can understand the shock pat, And thats why i went to great lengths to describe the reasons above.

Hopefully its all cool!

Cheers

#21 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

Yes, now it has been explained, I don't have a problem with it. Good luck with it.

#22 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:03 PM

torana ss why i do belive you forgot also the odd american car as i also have a 1961 chevrolet belair sedan (project rat rod)

cheers chevy

#23 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:35 PM

Have a closer look in Members Projects and rides mate.

You will find it caters for your American Muscle!!

John

#24 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:58 AM

So what happened to the site? It now appears to be an ad for new car sales?

#25 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:47 AM

hmmmm it was there yesterday.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users