Urgent help WB V8 Trimatic trans pipes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

Story is i bought this WB ute with the motor and trans in the back. I dont know that it was ever driven with the trimatic as it was a 3 spd column once upon a time.
Its a factory 253.

I cannot for the life of me see how the trans pipes that have come with the ute will fit. When I connect them to the trans they seem seem to reach only as far as the front swaybar which is about 6" or so short from the radiator, which has the outlets on one side of the tank, the passenger side.

I have never had anything to do with WB`s so has anyone got a manual that shows the pipes route? If so could u email me them, [email protected] Or can u simply explain for me where they go.
They seem to go from the trans, behind the sump and up over the crossmember to the rad; at least thats the way the bends seem to indicate. They also seem to be bent to fit around the extractors etc; so why wont they fit!!!!!

There is no guarantee that these pipes are the ones from the ute as the fittings that screw into the rad that the trans pipes screw into were missing.
This is not the first thing missing on this job as you can imagine. AArrrggghhhhh.
HELP HELP HELP.

Also if they are wrong i am obviously after a set; plus a trans cover/inspection cover and a fan shrous. ta.

#2 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,018 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

You can use auto trans cooler hose (rubber) to finish it. :spoton:
Available a Repco and Bursons.
Good luck!

#3 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:42 AM

On my 308/trimatic hj wagon the lines go along the sump/block together & then 1 curves around the front of the balancer,then curves again in front of alternator & the other line goes straight.The lines look like they are 3-4 inches long in front of the balancer & then bolt into the radiator.Hope that makes sense.HTH.

#4 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:01 PM

sounds like the cooler lines you have are for a HQ to HZ which have the trans cooler mounted in the bottom of the raidiator (the raidiators in HQ /HZ have there tanks top and bottom) a WB raidiator has its tanks on the sides (same a commodore's) and this then puts the cooler off to the side , so your trans lines will not reach , easiest option is to cut and extend the hoses with rubber trans line as has been suggested or you could run an aftermarket cooler on the front of the raidiator which would be a better option IMPO :spoton:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users