Photo

530 HP and 800 foot pound electric motor ready to bolt up to Chev engine mounts.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,407 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:58 PM

Attached File  87f2a1153e9f7c7654e0390597691541.jpg   62.04K   0 downloads

#27 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:50 PM

These guys use the standard gearbox.

https://m.facebook.com/chargedgarage/

#28 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:04 PM

You don’t need a clutch or gearbox, it’s a DC motor.

#29 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:12 PM

My current solar system has started to drop off slight over the past 18 months. Was getting 41kw on a good day now 38-39kw so adding an extra 10kw system should bring me over 100kw on the perfect day. I am mounting the new system east west so should get a longer flatter output curve. The solar export rate is great at the moment @21c per kw and my buy in is 27c kw. Defiantly not worth putting a battery in at this stage but when its a viable option I will put one in which will see me not having to get the generator out every time we have a black out which is getting a bit to often for me of late. My main reason to go with a bigger solar system is increased output. I am sick and tired of the banks giving me bugger all on my term deposits. By spending only $9k I can get over $2k a year on my investment year on year. Who doesn't like a return like that, just hope it continues.

Just another angle on EVs charging and producing enough energy from the power stations to charge them all. Ever thought how much energy goes into refining crude oil. The refineries use mega wats per hour, and that doesn't include the power required to pump oil from the ships, into the refinery and at the petrol station pumps. Take away half the refined crude per day from the maths  and it would probably be enough to charge all the EVs. By installing solar panels on the roofs of more homes and  the big industrial estate building the amount of mega wats generated and captures by the latest battery farms would only see the current power station on stand by. Just my thoughts.

One of the reasons most of the EVs have never interested me is they just look bloody stupid. Its probably just my age group but I like cars with real style not trendy 16 year old shit. But the new Porsche Taycan in my eyes looks the bees knees. 0-100 in 2.8s 400km range. Oh yeah baby. I could handle one of them to get the paper and to church on Sundays. Only needs an 11kw home connection and automatically works in with your home solar generation system or off peak tariff selection. I only do around 300km a week and if I left it hooked up to PP in the garage two days a week job done no fuel bills, no power bills and still get a couple of hundred bucks back from AGL a month. iI all else fails I can still take out the Hatch or the SLR or the ranger or the BMW or the Aston or the Yamaha. I think I have got it covered. Now just need to convince the Mrs to release some funds so I can get down to the local Porsche dealership. Or maybe wait a little longer for the new Aston EVs. The future is defenitly  going to be interesting. 

Attached File  porsche ev2.jpg   9.98K   1 downloadsAttached File  porsche ev.jpg   13.35K   0 downloads

https://www.porsche....dels/taycan-4s/

#30 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,537 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:26 PM

I hear you on blackouts. I’m about to reconfigure my whole house and shed so I can run on a generator when needed. Even if I have a battery in the future I will still have a generator, as it can also charge the battery when running as well as solar charging it. Means probably only a few hours of generator running per day of blackout, and it is running relatively loaded which is more efficient and better for it. Just not sure whether to buy a Propane generator or a diesel one.

That energy refining fuel is stored in the fuel, and in theory that could be renewable energy used too. You can’t put coal fired stations on standby, they need to run. Hydro is your standby generation plus smaller gas turbines.

I’d have a Ram or F or Silverado hybrid tomorrow if they’d build one, as long as it’s petrol not diesel.

#31 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,407 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:15 PM

I reckon this would turn a few heads. (From arrimars post above)

Attached File  IMG20200205205414-1-1536x1152.jpg   299.19K   1 downloads

Edited by Shiney005, 09 October 2020 - 06:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users