60 replies to this topic

#51 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 08:33 PM

Torana wiring is so easy compared to that lot.

Yeah old holden wiring 10 times easier & simpler.

Vk wiring one of the worst some wires same colour but different purposes is very annoying so have to trace them back to be sure wtf it is for...atleast vn they started using trace colours.

Found pdf of factory manual got it saved on phone to help reference wires & plugs,specs + hidden screws etc for dasg.

#52 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 08:31 AM

The EFI wiring is simple in a Commodore, you can even use the VN-VS battery and power harness. There is only a few wires to connect up and most of it is fuel pump and tank sensor related. It gets really messy when you try and integrate it to make it nice and neat, ends up looking like the above pictures! Looks heaps better once done though.

#53 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:23 PM

The EFI wiring is simple in a Commodore, you can even use the VN-VS battery and power harness. There is only a few wires to connect up and most of it is fuel pump and tank sensor related. It gets really messy when you try and integrate it to make it nice and neat, ends up looking like the above pictures! Looks heaps better once done though.

Not worried about efi wiring just time consuming when want it all hidden yet easy to work on....car will also get carb'd 308 junk motor with nitrous.

Fusebox was already melted & someone been in there before bodged it up so me being sucker that will work on it it would annoy me to death not to make it neater & easier to work on...hidden wiring is from being reading too many 90's Streetmachine mag as a kid.

Although am thinking of ditching heated rear window module setup if cant find simpler way to wire it up also probably change to lpg tachiometric relay....the way factory did it going in circles hurts my head lol

Edited by gtrboyy, 29 May 2024 - 07:26 PM.

#54 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 24 July 2024 - 03:06 AM

Struggler has junker 308 or GEM 308 as he calls together should get dyno tuned next few weeks.

Also sent pic of big banger 4 bolt bottom end

Attached Files

Edited by gtrboyy, 24 July 2024 - 03:07 AM.

#55 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,288 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 July 2024 - 11:07 AM

I would have said that was impressive, except that I saw the bottom end of a standard 1VD (Diesel V8) Landcruiser motor yesterday. This particular example had a broken in half crankshaft, and still it held together.

Attached File  Screenshot 2024-07-25 090452.png   834.98K   3 downloads

#56 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 25 July 2024 - 02:00 PM

I would have said that was impressive, except that I saw the bottom end of a standard 1VD (Diesel V8) Landcruiser motor yesterday. This particular example had a broken in half crankshaft, and still it held together.

attachicon.gif Screenshot 2024-07-25 090452.png

Probably the most impressive crank failure I have seen was on a V16 Cat engine running a 1MW generator.

Well actually, the generator was running the engine.

The engine had shut down but the generator didnt disconnect, and it kept the engine, or the half that was still connected to the flywheel spinning.

From memory it ran for a couple hours after failure.

Lots of silvery stuff in the sump when they pulled it down.

Cheers

Rob

#57 Bruiser

Bruiser

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Name:Bruce
  • Car:FC Holden, VK Commodore, - Ex torana owner

Posted 25 July 2024 - 06:17 PM

God knows how you can handle two projects of this size
I flounder with one much smaller one
You are a machine
I am digging what you’ve achieved with the commodore too
had to check your pictures against the tubs in my boot to compare what you have done.
Looks factory, alright

Which one will be on the road first??

#58 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 25 July 2024 - 11:09 PM

God knows how you can handle two projects of this size
I flounder with one much smaller one
You are a machine
I am digging what you’ve achieved with the commodore too
had to check your pictures against the tubs in my boot to compare what you have done.
Looks factory, alright

Which one will be on the road first??

The vk will hit the road first...if went with first planned tightarse setup of factory parts like stock 28spline vl borgwarner & efi 304/4l60e it would have been ready for rego BUT got a bit carried away with it

My cousin aka panelbeater is responsible for all the panel work on lc gtr & rust work + split tubs with vk....struggler is handling engine builds & I"ll be finishing off everything else in whenever get little bit of free time.

The builds were supposed to be spread apart at a steady pace but nothing goes to plan...better than cars sitting for years with no progress getting stuffed around by workshops which is why I was stuck for so long.

Also made a promise if I don't have one final good go at getting these cars driving again I'd sell them all off & walk away from cars

#59 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 03:17 PM

Update from struggler with GEM engines junker should achieve what we want especially with 150 shot.

Low 9's cr,60 thou dished casies,308ci,vt heads,chinawinder dyno'd with 650dp...smallest solid in crow cam catalogue

Reason why compression so low is I didn't want heads shaved crazy amount and bottom end 60 thou over hence budget junker theme.Attached File  image000002(11).jpg   289.53K   2 downloadsAttached File  image000001(16).jpg   220.13K   2 downloads

#60 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 05:11 PM

3.5k stally recommended.Attached File  561f1dbc-002a-438c-b47b-9602855a8af0.jpg   352.25K   0 downloads

#61 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 14 August 2024 - 08:08 PM

That'll do nicely

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users