Tayrana77

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Name:Mark Taylor
  • Car:lc torana

Posted 22 July 2024 - 12:26 PM

Hello, can someone give me some info on my Lc 4 door as I have had it for some time but never looked into its factory specs, It has only 2 larger tags fitted and missing the small thin one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

MODEL PLATE:

Model: LC 82569

Body No: 4420-a

Trim 1808-48p

Paint: 567-12190

Top:

Vin Tag:

4,5A,7,20

LC TORANA SEDAN 4 DOOR

12/70 

LC 22215A

#2 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 03:24 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot positively identify the car without the VIN tag to know what the driveline was. Although it could have the last digits of the PSN on the back of the BODY ID tag, scratched into the tag.

What you can yell is it was an LC SL sedan with the body made and painted at Elizabeth Body plant but cannot tell where it was assembled as the VIN tag is missing. It was complianced in December 1970.

1808 is Silver Mist metallic.

48P is Sandlewood Vinyl trim

#3 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 03:38 PM

Just to clarify, what the OP has called the VIN tag is actually the ADR compliance plate. The VIN tag is the skinny one.

Dr Terry

#4 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,612 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 22 July 2024 - 04:00 PM

If the OP carefully removes the Compliance Plate from the upper dash panel (beneath the wiper motor) the last 4 digits of the Production Sequence Number may be scratched on the back side.

I am confident this LC Torana will be either Elizabeth or Mossman Park assembled as Dandenong ceased Torana assembly midway through November 1970.

#5 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 04:20 PM

Pagewood finished around mid 1970 as well too I think? So more than likely it will be Elizabeth assembled so the PSN should be on the back of the ADR tag, unless it's a Mosman Park assembled car. I don't know how predictive Mosman Park assembly was, as in was the PSN known whilst the car still belonged to procurement - essentially was it on the Broadcast sheet, to then make it onto the back of the ADR tag prior to the ADR tag being attached to the body in the Elizabeth BAP?

#6 Tayrana77

Tayrana77

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the info, has me now thinking as remember see some numbers scratched on the back of the tag but not sure as it was some time ago. I will remove it tomorrow and see what I can find.

#7 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,612 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 22 July 2024 - 06:58 PM

Pagewood finished around mid 1970 as well too I think? So more than likely it will be Elizabeth assembled so the PSN should be on the back of the ADR tag, unless it's a Mosman Park assembled car. I don't know how predictive Mosman Park assembly was, as in was the PSN known whilst the car still belonged to procurement - essentially was it on the Broadcast sheet, to then make it onto the back of the ADR tag prior to the ADR tag being attached to the body in the Elizabeth BAP?

Pagewood ceased Torana production in late July 1970. I have no idea what the procedure was for the PSN assignment at Mossman Park.

#8 Tayrana77

Tayrana77

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2024 - 10:35 AM

I have removed the ADR tag and 6018 is scratch on the back. I hope this helps with some more info. And can anyone help with the colour as I had seen some where that silver mist metallic may be a rare colour in 4 doors. Thanks again for any help.

#9 LCK186

LCK186

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Car:71 CK

Posted 23 July 2024 - 12:28 PM

HI your vin tag should be L166018  model LC82569   no engine no recorded   sold 12/70   dealer 659  4 DOOR SEDAN

#10 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 23 July 2024 - 03:37 PM

Dealer 659 was Claridge Motors in Malvern SA later in the 70's.

Silver Mist was a standard colour for LC SL and GTR. Also HG Kingswood, Monaro, Premier, GTS and Brougham. It won't be as common as other colours as it is a metallic and thus cost more on some lux levels. From memory most metallics were a no or sometimes lower cost option on the luxury and sport versions, and even if you had to pay for it the added cost was a less significant % of the car. As you got down to the cheaper cars like Kingswood and S the % of cars made that were metallic would be less than say on a Premier or GTS (or SL or GTR in Torana). Especially S where a metallic would normally be a special order like it was on a HG Kingswood ute or van or HG Belmont as only HG Kingswood sedan and wagon had metallics regularly available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users